Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering in the RDF

Hi,

I'm currently a three star private in the RDF who in the next year will be graduating with a degree in Civil Engineering. Would anyone be able to shed any light if there's any opportunities in the RDF for engineering graduates like there are in the PDF. Thanks in advance.

As in a direct entry commission?

See attached (this isn’t a restricted document)

there is likely to be an AR Potential Officers Cse in the next few years
    Attached Files

Comment

RDF Eng units are literally bare bones, with no real interest from the other side of the house to keep it going. I'd stay where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Infy View Post
        RDF Eng units are literally bare bones, with no real interest from the other side of the house to keep it going. I'd stay where you are.
        Could be massive changes due to CODF

Comment

Contact local engineer unit. They may be able to enlighten you

Comment

Apply for the next AR pot officers course. There are vacancies in units right now. Only thing I'm not sure about is you might need to be an existing member of an engineering unit to get the commission. Someone else hear might be know better as I don't yet have a current copy of new R5. If your a member of RDFRA you can contact them and you can ask your unit.

Comment

Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
              Apply for the next AR pot officers course. There are vacancies in units right now. Only thing I'm not sure about is you might need to be an existing member of an engineering unit to get the commission. Someone else hear might be know better as I don't yet have a current copy of new R5. If your a member of RDFRA you can contact them and you can ask your unit.
              Is the link I gave you yesterday not the current one?
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

Is the link I gave you yesterday not the current one?
                It is

Comment

Sorry I didn't see the link yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                    Apply for the next AR pot officers course. There are vacancies in units right now. Only thing I'm not sure about is you might need to be an existing member of an engineering unit to get the commission Someone else hear might be know better as I don't yet have a current copy of new R5. If your a member of RDFRA you can contact them and you can ask your unit.
                    Would doubt it, if he has an Eng degree, which he hopes to next year. I can think of two different instances down the years where serving RDF members in a different Corps got a DE commission into the Eng Corps, based on their academic qualifications. So might not even need to do the Pot Offr Cse
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                    X