Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batterysgt
    replied
    Very best of luck, it's great if you get into it.

Leave a comment:

• IrishDelta
    replied
    Many thanks for the replies lads, will start looking into it at unit level and take it from there.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by batterysgt View Post

There are 4 RDF OCs left in the RDF. They never lost that. I never got a 451 in the rdf so I don't know but my guess is that there is a space for a recommendation but doesn't matter once GOC recommends them.
    Correct the NSR units

almost certain it’s on the 451

GOC recommendation would imply he will seek unit OCs recommendation first

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post

Because there haven’t been any OC Bde RDF’s since 2013 ?

I assume the 451s ask about suitability for promotion ?
    There are 4 RDF OCs left in the RDF. They never lost that. I never got a 451 in the rdf so I don't know but my guess is that there is a space for a recommendation but doesn't matter once GOC recommends them.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied

Just to clarify is that DE commission RDF or PDF. His question was RDF.
    RDF in both cases

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

Thanks for that.

Interesting that there is no longer a requirement for unit RDF OC to recommend one of his officers for promotion. Why was that done away with?
    Because there haven’t been any OC Bde RDF’s since 2013 ?

I assume the 451s ask about suitability for promotion ?

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied

You can be commissioned into any corps (with exception of engrs (and possibly Med)) as the COS sees fit - PDF or RDF.

New R5 - https://www.rdfra.ie/_files/ugd/ff48...0b7d175812.pdf

Last RDF Pot Offrs Cse had former infantry NCOs & Ptes commissioned into other corps including Tpt, MP, Cav,
    Thanks for that.

Interesting that there is no longer a requirement for unit RDF OC to recommend one of his officers for promotion. Why was that done away with?
    Last edited by batterysgt; 1 December 2022, 21:27.

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied

You could try but I don’t think you can apply as a non-graduate (yet) private.

Once you are an (actual) graduate (as in you at least have your results) no issues applying.

not sure about locations of vacancies though

did you see post 2 ?
    No you can apply but it won't be recommended or accepted by the board, convened by COS (for 3*).

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishDelta View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently a three star private in the RDF who in the next year will be graduating with a degree in Civil Engineering. Would anyone be able to shed any light if there's any opportunities in the RDF for engineering graduates like there are in the PDF. Thanks in advance.
    You could try but I don’t think you can apply as a non-graduate (yet) private.

Once you are an (actual) graduate (as in you at least have your results) no issues applying.

not sure about locations of vacancies though

did you see post 2 ?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

I think I'm getting mixed up with Promotions, again I don't have the new R5, but you had to be in a unit for a few years to get promoted, that was to stop people jumping in and out again. I'm not sure if they same type of thing applies to RDF commissions. In this case, I'm assuming they are not in an engineering unit, so therefore can they be commissioned into an rdf engineering unit?
    You can be commissioned into any corps (with exception of engrs (and possibly Med)) as the COS sees fit - PDF or RDF.

New R5 - https://www.rdfra.ie/_files/ugd/ff48...0b7d175812.pdf

Last RDF Pot Offrs Cse had former infantry NCOs & Ptes commissioned into other corps including Tpt, MP, Cav,
    Last edited by DeV; 1 December 2022, 19:25.

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    Apply for the next AR pot officers course. There are vacancies in units right now. Only thing I'm not sure about is you might need to be an existing member of an engineering unit to get the commission. Someone else hear might be know better as I don't yet have a current copy of new R5. If your a member of RDFRA you can contact them and you can ask your unit.
    I think I'm getting mixed up with Promotions, again I don't have the new R5, but you had to be in a unit for a few years to get promoted, that was to stop people jumping in and out again. I'm not sure if they same type of thing applies to RDF commissions. In this case, I'm assuming they are not in an engineering unit, so therefore can they be commissioned into an rdf engineering unit?

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Would doubt it, if he has an Eng degree, which he hopes to next year. I can think of two different instances down the years where serving RDF members in a different Corps got a DE commission into the Eng Corps, based on their academic qualifications. So might not even need to do the Pot Offr Cse
    Just to clarify is that DE commission RDF or PDF. His question was RDF.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes
    replied
    In 1Bde, the RDF engineering unit has not trained in the last few years. Ditto for the medics and PAs.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Apply for the next AR pot officers course. There are vacancies in units right now. Only thing I'm not sure about is you might need to be an existing member of an engineering unit to get the commission Someone else hear might be know better as I don't yet have a current copy of new R5. If your a member of RDFRA you can contact them and you can ask your unit.
    Would doubt it, if he has an Eng degree, which he hopes to next year. I can think of two different instances down the years where serving RDF members in a different Corps got a DE commission into the Eng Corps, based on their academic qualifications. So might not even need to do the Pot Offr Cse

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    Sorry I didn't see the link yesterday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X