Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times have we been down this road?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

New blood, same old story.

http://irishmilitaryonline.com/board...ghlight=ranger

Comment

Never say never.

Comment

Never is a very long time
          Take these men and women for your example.
          Like them, remember that posterity can only
          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
          possession of those who have the
          courage to defend it.
          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
            Never say never.
            NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NE VER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVR ,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,N EVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEV ER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER ,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,N EVER,NEVER,.....................oK WELL MAYBE

[MOD:Never post so many nevers again]
            Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
            Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

[MOD:Never post so many nevers again][/QUOTE]

NEVER,EVER, WILL i EVER POST SO MANY NEVERS, EVER AGAIN ,NEVER!
              Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
              Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

.....so thats it then never...not that I want to any way!...but say if I might want to....could I not just try a little bit..please?
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                  .....so thats it then never...not that I want to any way!...but say if I might want to....could I not just try a little bit..please?
                  Yeah let us have ago. Whats so hard about it anyway?:tri:
                  Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

everything actually!!!

if it was easy everybody in the PDF would go for it and everybody would be in the ARW!!!!

Of approx 8,500 personnel in the Army, maybe 100 max will apply for selection each time and of them no more than 10% max will pass selection. And of those more may not pass the basic skills course after that. So in effect maybe less than 10 personnel per year out of the entire Army might get into the ARW.

Bear in mind, that that is after 6months approx. training with the ARW and at least as much time again training and preparing before going on selection.

Talk about speaking before thinking!!

Unfortunately, comments like that show up the huge gap between training levels and attitudes of the PDF and AR. And those differneces are magnified 10 times before AR would reach levels to have a chance to pass selection ( supposing they would be allowed apply in the first place ).
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

*whisper* I don't think he was serious... Hence the smiley after his post.

Jeez, some people these days! Take everything too damn seriously.

Comment

i know he wasn't serious!

but there are plenty of Walter's out there dreaming of storming embassies,etc. that need a dose of reality every now and then!
                        An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Is it true that there are no women in the rangers because when I was training the lads where always on about it but when I said that Id give it ago just ta see what the course was like they all laugh, I only found out later on when I ask one of my coperals, (After He Finished Laughing that is) that the course is very very hard and told me what there put through that I relised what the ranger wing training was like and fair play to anyone trying the course who didnt pass or did.

Comment

There are no women in the ARW, but there is also no restriction on them joining. Only one has ever attempted selection, some years ago, but unfortunately she got injured late on in the course, and was RTUd.

Comment

X-RayOne,

do you speak from experience, there is nothing in your profile to state that you are RA or PDF, so are you experienced enough to lecture people here or are you ONE of those cosantor wannabes??????

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper
                                Is it true that there are no women in the rangers because when I was training the lads where always on about it but when I said that Id give it ago just ta see what the course was like they all laugh, I only found out later on when I ask one of my coperals, (After He Finished Laughing that is) that the course is very very hard and told me what there put through that I relised what the ranger wing training was like and fair play to anyone trying the course who didnt pass or did.
                                Next to the letter M on your keyboard(Not N and B- the other side) are two amazing keys. I just used one there, and thats the other delightful fellow.

Please use them more often, It'll make your posts much easier to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X