No announcement yet.

Headgear / Lanyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never remember any problems with the Langyard and the FN I do Remember Catching it in the Web Belt though and almost poking my Left eye out with it. Arms Drill used to take twice as long because someone would always get it stuck in the Web belt

For those younger people recruits used to have to wear the Web belt on its own over working dress jumpers.

Uimprig Airm,
    Aistrig Airm,
    Siog Airm.
    Leagig Airm
    Deanascaigh Beigneti
    Tearagig Airm,
    Chun Cigerachta Thaispaining Airm
    (oh the Bad spelling)

The Arms Drill these Days is nothing

Another Handy thing when marching was to hang it (the cocking handle??) in the Web belt deliberatley and give your poor auld arm a rest.
    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

It was only a problem to the Cavalry Corps who wear the lanyard on the rght hand side.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

And the Piggys!
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

did PA's even have FNs

Comment

I dont rem PAs having FNs but I know one unit that requested to have an Inf instructor to teach them
            the Bren.

Comment

they had steyrs last weekend on the falling plates but they sure couldn't use them.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

well the steyrs replace the gustaf and the PAs
                "sure couldn't use them" either.

Comment

MPs with FNs

The 6MPs got a pile of ancient FNs (and 2 instructors from the 11th Sigs) for the first female recruit class back in 91-92 and after that kept them. We were even given ammo to waste doing ARPs (we actually wanted to give them back but no one would take them). Before that we borrowed them for honour guards at Corps masses, the only weapons drill we did. It was fun to be at a GOC's inspection with everybody heavin' and heftin' rifles while we stood still at the back with a Gustaf slung over our manly chests watching the Inf keel over.
                  As for Brens (the prince of weapons) we always taught ourselves.

Comment

The MP's Never used the FN, They had to use a small weapon (e.g gustav), some rule about the barrel lenght or something......
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Me and my MP FN

Yes we did, (6 Fd MP, 1992- at least 97) and I've got the photos to prove it (if I ever fix my scanner). There's no regulation, that I know of about barrel lenght (Bren would then be ruled out) and we also put in teams for the Volkswagen Trophy, including the falling plates (did n't hit any but where's the fun in that).

Comment

I specifically remember some sort of promotion ceremony in Clancy where there were some meat heads carrying the FN. Couldn't march, couldn't do drill either for sheee-it. They got one of our more "recruit-oreintated" NCOs to try and teach them a little before there big day out. He nearly had an anurism they were so bad.

-C
                        Meh.

Comment

Working...
                        X