Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Defence Location Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Air Defence Location Question

    I was looking at the new flashes on www.rdfra.ie

    Does anyone know why there are two Air Defence units in the south, one in the east and none in the west?
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
    Who is number 1?

  • #2
    Originally posted by The Prisoner
    I was looking at the new flashes on www.rdfra.ie

    Does anyone know why there are two Air Defence units in the south, one in the east and none in the west?
    2 Batteries in East (1 RDF & 1 PDF) = Dublin Airport and Baldonnel
    2 In South = Cork and Shannon airports.

    West has what.... Knock?

    Just a guess.

    Comment


    • #3
      As far as i know, 1 ad bty = midlands (PDF, Curragh)
      2 ad bty = East (RDF, Dublin)
      3 ad bty = West (RDF, Limerick)
      4 ad bty = south (RDF, Cork)

      These are just territories(not spelt right, i know), but docman would be right in saying that we're positioned close to possible targets.
      Blog

      WHAT FLIES DIES

      Comment


      • #4
        Cant be that it would make too much sense for the army to do that!
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ackack
          As far as i know, 1 ad bty = midlands (PDF, Curragh)
          2 ad bty = East (RDF, Dublin)
          3 ad bty = West (RDF, Limerick)
          4 ad bty = south (RDF, Cork)

          These are just territories(not spelt right, i know), but docman would be right in saying that we're positioned close to possible targets.
          3 AD is in Limerick which is part of Southern Brigade.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DeV
            3 AD is in Limerick which is part of Southern Brigade.
            Yes, but we are in a position to cover the western side of the country as well as being close to Shannon. Not that it matters much, we're not a big country to start with.
            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

            Comment

            Working...
            X