Fair play to the medics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair play to the medics

can i just say fair play to the two NCO's that represented their unit at the RESUS05 in Ennis over the weekend, this was the national conference on resusitation and a skills seminar for all tiers both pre-hosp and and hosp based, from the basic first-aider to the cardiologist.

the lads wore the uniform, and it was commented on about their turn-out and the way they conducted themselves, their knowledge, interest and to find out that they were just part-time reservist's was a surprise to some of my collegues,and their willingness to chat about what they do was a delight to an old soldier like me.

this is a sign to all the detracters out there (especielly the legal ones that could not even hack the medic's) that this is what professionalism is, though they are partime, they went out and mixed with their peers in the medical communitty and are a credit to themselves, their unit and the DF and this to me is what the amalgamation is all about, no matter what their unit is, they conduct themselves in the manner that earns respect, botth from their peers in the DF and in the civilian communitty, and i am pleased to say that the medics are the ones that share their skill in both worlds....................well done lads.

forgot to mention that both of them are members of this board from dublin :wink:
    Last edited by jpb; 15 October 2005, 23:17.

Nice. From my experience, impressing medical professionals is impossible....Good show lads.

Comment

Pitty that the 2 lads in question are lightweights who wouldn't have a drink with us, unlike the some other medics from Dublin who drank us under the table and showed us infantry types what a decent bunch medics are

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzle
        Pitty that the 2 lads in question are lightweights who wouldn't have a drink with us, unlike the some other medics from Dublin who drank us under the table and showed us infantry types what a decent bunch medics are
        Maybe thay dont need to impress anybody regarding their drinking ability let alone the infantry. None the less a good show

Comment

thanks muzzle i am delighted people are taking on the medics i a serous way thanks very much
          i love touching rusty spoons/ i like it when the red water comes out

Comment

to jpb and muzzle,, if everybody had the decency and maturity you have shown by saying what you've said then it could all be a better attitude towards us medics..we do show professionalism just like an infantry soldier,,thanks guys x
            Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Thank you for those comments JPB.

I must say that I enjoyed the day. I was sorry that I missed the first day, but somethings cant be avoided. It was definatly worth the trip. I especially enjoyed talking to some of the most highly respected medical professionals in the country, such as our good friend JPB. Anyway, to finish it was well worth the trip even just to talk to the others who attended and I am looking foward to Resus2006
              If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzle

cheers for those comments muzzle. Fair play to the two lads for representing the unit so well. Hopefully when the next RESUS is on, a few more of us can make it down. :wink:

*cough* and i agree with muzzle, you two are lightweights
                I dont have an alcohol problem, im just a social butterfly

Comment

Working...
                X