X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• average fridge door like
    replied
    Originally posted by Huggybear
    Thanks for the advice, keep it comin! Thanks also for the interest about joining cis, though i done a course on the sincgar and couldnt make head nor tail of the thing! And I'm more of a Shels man myself!

Well to be honest I'd be more interested in transferring totally. Yeah I've heard good things about cav though a fella I know put me off it, saying the usual: courses never happen, need to kiss serious arse to get anywhere, etc. Are you in the 62 LSB average...?
    yeah huggy i'm in 62lsb but in the medics. was away with a few of the transport there the weekend nice bunch of lads.. you'd be prob better off transferrin rather that attatchment or waitin on courses takes forever

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer
    That is the same for every unit in the country. Anyone disagree?
    Arse kissing is the universal currency

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    courses never happen, need to kiss serious arse to get anywhere, etc.
    That is the same for every unit in the country. Anyone disagree?

Leave a comment:

• Huggybear
    replied
    Thanks for the advice, keep it comin! Thanks also for the interest about joining cis, though i done a course on the sincgar and couldnt make head nor tail of the thing! And I'm more of a Shels man myself!

Well to be honest I'd be more interested in transferring totally. Yeah I've heard good things about cav though a fella I know put me off it, saying the usual: courses never happen, need to kiss serious arse to get anywhere, etc. Are you in the 62 LSB average...?

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    replied
    I'm a 3 star sick of being in infantry and would love to get mobile.
    What about the Cav? They are in the brugha, you drive nissans, trucks and that armoured rollerstake not to mention the headgear

Leave a comment:

• average fridge door like
    replied
    no stick to the 62lsb, they haven't moved yet to the brugha. i'd sat transport would be good you should defo think bout going, do you wanna go on attatchment or transfer totally?

Leave a comment:

• bohs fan
    replied
    Hello Huggybear would you consider 62 cis in Cathal Brugha call any tues evening after 20.00 hrs you would be very welcome

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    before you do anything you have to get you AF154 (army driving liscence) first nissan and then truck. to get your nissan liscence could take up to a year sometimes more but if you can drive it makes things move a lot quicker. tuesday nights are mostly spent training i.e. driving. camp is spent driving different places in the country and sometimes staying in different barracks than the camp base. from time to time other companys/batallons look for drivers for their camps and exercises, they'd all be fully paid days, weekends and weeks, good way to earn extra cash. there is also the off road driving in the curragh and the glen. as i said before ring or if your around mckee on a tuesday night call up to them. in the gate, turn left, second last right, down the bottom, last building on the left

Leave a comment:

• Huggybear
    replied
    Yeah? Do you know much about them? Would be well interested in finding out more!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    transport is moving to the bruagh, probably april, but you never no!!they were supposed to move in september but there was no room for them. so whenever a room becomes available they're there. contact transport on a tuesday night for info or just drop up

Leave a comment:

• Huggybear
    started a topic 62 Lsb?

62 Lsb?

Gentlemen, was wondering if anyone here is a member of said unit? I'm a 3 star sick of being in infantry and would love to get mobile. Is transport moving to the brugha? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Working...
X