Cost of ReOrg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of ReOrg

Who would like to hazard a guess at the cost of actually making the new reserves insignia..shoulder flash!..I'll take a few guess before I post the actual answer....BTW..it didn't go out to tender!..which is illegall given what happened with the Helicopters a few years back!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

a million dollars?

Comment

100,000 of which 50,000 went to the kid with the crayons who drew them
      the rest ......consultants
      Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

aa
        Last edited by Troddyn; 24 November 2005, 12:11.

Comment

I will go for one million dollars oh frik I mean one hundred billion gillion fazillion dillion pillion.
          My main point here is a lot, that would be the main bullet point of this conversation.
          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

70 cent each
            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Havoc may have a point. Not being an expert in industrial badge making, but I would guess that
              the process has become more simplified due to:

1. Standardised shape of flash
              2. Standardised colouring in each corps flash
              3. Standardised layout of symbols on the flash
              4. Therefore less colours to worry about

I'll pitch a figure of 250,000 euro - that's a guess. I'm too tired to work out the no of people in the
              RDF times 1-2 flashes each times the cost of a flash.

But don't keep us in suspense for too long, Murph...
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

10 grand
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Is this flash going to be issued for DPMs or for number 1s only?

If its for number 1's only (as i would think it is) then its not 1-2 per soldier, its 1-2 per issued number 1s. so i would hazard a guess at about 1 euro a badge times number of active members issued with number 1s times 2 (2 badges per soldier) i reckon about €15000 - €20000 tops.
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

The flashes are to standardised..one style one shape ..and have already been made...at a cost of 110,000 euros..which each brigade is expected to recoup throgh the units...from unit funds at wait for it a 1000 for a squadron sized unit....

Never mind the fact that they are crap ,wrong ,coloured incorectly, misspelt...they are alsogoing to be a rip off.

The bare no relationship to previous units,historically or in design,none of the hearaldy associated with unit flashes, none of the resrve twining to PDF unit concept...and are a rip off to boot.

Now how much will it cost to update the batch every few years btw.

Oh some brave soul in the west has refused to pay for them or take them on charge...Good Man...lead by example.

Now on a slightly different note..looks like those nice people in the Directorate haven't made up their minds who's army they are in yet

!Lttle bit of confusion are the working for the 1st Southern Brigade..or the 3rd southern brigade RDF...now we have two brigades in the south and neither know how they arived with their names or what their actual postal adress....reorg my arse..disband the whole lot!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

20 grand.
                      The real question tough is when can we expect to see them???
                      Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                      Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                      do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Sometime in the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                          They are out. 4 W Bde units have had them for the last 2 weeks. 2 E Bde are getting theirs today. 1 S Bde unknown?
                          Hey like the what was said in the other post there are two southern brigades now which one will get them is the question.
                          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

My guess is neither and individuals will have to BUY them like with rank markings and name tags. Docman get your sewing kit out.

Comment

No the units have already invoiced them, but who picks the lanyards?

Comment

Working...
                              X