Parading with Another Unit Because you're somewhere else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parading with Another Unit Because you're somewhere else

If you are working/studying away from your home location in Ireland, please try and contact your local RDF unit... They'd [usually] be happy for you to parade with them for as long as it takes. We have all the Corps units here [ in Dublin ] so don't be afraid, although I'm talking about everywhere in the country.

This is to some extent a re-post, but I'm kicking it off as a new thread just to get a bit of life again.

Don't really want to start a rivalry over who goes where, just reminding people of the possibility... If anyone's worried about who to talk to or where to go , just post a msg here and someone will PM you
    Last edited by trellheim; 7 November 2005, 09:14.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

yea, i tried that last year, living in kerry college in cork, said i'd go on parade in cork, only went once though, kinda dissappointed about that really seeing as they did so much more than us, college commitments kept me away from going up more often.

But i'll say this to anyone who would have the time that you should definatly do it because you'll never know they could be a lot more avtive than your unit at home and its a definate advantage if that is the case.
    What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
    Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

I paraded (as some members are aware) with the 7th Bn while I was away from college, working in Dublin. I found it quite beneficial and the other privates made me feel welcome. But...(and theres always a but!), I felt that perhaps my attendance was a burden on them. I wasn't bringing anything new to the unit, except perhaps a new abuse sponge for the NCOs- perhaps units benefit more if it is an NCO or officer who is parading with them?
      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Has anyone gone from Army to Navy or vice versa?
        If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Actually yes, a friend of mine serving in the Navy Reserve in Dublin transferred down south when he moved down here for a few years, from navy to infantry, he has since moved back to dublin and i think he's after joining the nearest RDF unit rather than re joining the Naval Reserve
          What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
          Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Friend of mine transferred for the FCA to ASM. When we recently got a new company commander, he went through the non-effective list, selecting the people who were to discharged. Luckly enough I was in the room when the names were being read out.

Otherwise the chap would have been discharged and he an active L/S.

Comment

If anyone is in Limerick universities etc.

Contact
              HQ Coy 32 Infantry Bn
              Sarsfield Bks
              Limerick
              061-314233
              Extn 4338

They have (and continue to have) personnel from other units parading with them for years so all are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
                They have (and continue to have) personnel from other units parading with us for years so all are welcome.
                Especially NCO's, ....and maybe 3*'s

No officers though
                "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

He'll be fine as long as yourself and your country buddy stay around.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                    He'll be fine as long as yourself and your country buddy stay around.
                    I've heard nasty rumors of them goin to the ack ack from now on to train.
                    Lets hope its wrong.
                    I train with 31 logs in cork(transport) and i'd definatly recomend training with anther unit while your away. They get the benifit of your experience(in my case an infantry NCO) and you get the benifit of theirs.(driving course) its win win. Stameen, were you marked up as attending with the dublin unit? This question came up when i was at training wednesday night. They don't keep track of my attendance. Neither do my home unit(as i obviously don't attend there) Is it just presumed by my home unit that while i'm atached that i'm attending regularly with that unit??
                    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

In my old company we had a good number of people parading with "another unit". So they used to fax the company HQ a copy of an attendance sheet.

I'd advise you to keep track of your attendance, get it signed by someone in the unit you are parading with and send it to your sub-unit on a regular basis.

It important to point out that in main cases the parading with another unit is not a formalised procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by happeninMyLv
                        I've heard nasty rumors of them goin to the ack ack from now on to train.
                        Lets hope its wrong.
                        I train with 31 logs in cork(transport) and i'd definatly recomend training with anther unit while your away. They get the benifit of your experience(in my case an infantry NCO) and you get the benifit of theirs.(driving course) its win win. Stameen, were you marked up as attending with the dublin unit? This question came up when i was at training wednesday night. They don't keep track of my attendance. Neither do my home unit(as i obviously don't attend there) Is it just presumed by my home unit that while i'm atached that i'm attending regularly with that unit??

Emmm.....right now I'm in Canada
                        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

[QUOTE=happeninMyLv]I've heard nasty rumors of them goin to the ack ack from now on to train.
                          Lets hope its wrong.
                          QUOTE]
                          No thats right we need to get trained by ack-ack on a certain weapon so we can pass it on to the new coy cos as it stands nobody knows how to use said weapon.
                          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bosco][QUOTE=happeninMyLv]I've heard nasty rumors of them goin to the ack ack from now on to train.
                            Lets hope its wrong.
                            No thats right we need to get trained by ack-ack on a certain weapon so we can pass it on to the new coy cos as it stands nobody knows how to use said weapon.
                            I seem to remember some people training on said weapon last year... you know them pretty well...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

well i've put in for my transfer to the 31 cav. By by 33 inf
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X