Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lig Amach

Problem............

20 battalion when given the lig amach turn right and walk away.

21 battalion when given the lig amach wait three seconds and walk away.

Needless to say I'm dying to see whats going to happen when the entire 62 battalion are given the lig amach.

Also which is the correct one, and when I say correct I mean which do the PDF do? As far as I'm aware from talking to ex-PDF in my unit they just wait three seconds and fall out. The Brits on the other hand do the whole turn to the right thing.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Some units take a pace forward, pause, and then walk away...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The turn to the right looks much better.not sure which the pdf do.
      Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Everybody is supposed to do the same thing. Right turn and that's it!!

Comment

following recent course the proper instruction was to wait and then break away but even in the pdf old habits die hard and there is substantial confusion within the ranks about what to do when given the order younger nco s and troops will generally follow the newer and correct way of falling out whereas older troops will still turn to the right
          The men work well under constant supervision and cornered like rats in a trap

Comment

Hi all
            On the command "Lig Amach!", the squad will immediately assume the posture of grungy uni students; slouching and heel-dragging will be allowed, the beret will automatically slide to the rear, fags will appear as if by magic, watchs will be consulted as to the relative nearness of 16.30 hrs and the chance of a successful slide-off will be assessed. The scene will take on the aspect of the Retreat from Moscow (Grande Armee or Wehrmacht, either will do.). Dragging of rifles and general abandonment of kit will not, however, be tolerated, as it makes the parade-ground look scruffy and that won't do..
            regards
            GttC

Comment

Old ways are best.....
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                The correct, and only way to Lig Amach is to pause 3 seconds and walk away. Most units in the Southern Brigade have not heard of this yet.

Also, some units in the same brigade, when doing short arm dressing, without weapons, put up the left arm, when it's supposed to be the right.
                Ah now doncha know its difficult to turn your head one way and have your arm point the other way

Comment

Price Waterhouse had a look at all aspects of time and motion in the defence forces

they reckoned the old way of Luig Amcach with its right turn and march away cost seconds per soldier multiplied by section by platoon by company etc

they did away with it

the correct drill is now

on receipt of the luig amach

pause ( NO time limit) then smartly march away
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

What is order "walk away".

Comment

What is order "walk away".
                      there is no order for walk away

always march away smartly
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Short arm dressing is with the left arm, when was it any different?
                        Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                          The correct, and only way to Lig Amach is to pause 3 seconds and walk away. Most units in the Southern Brigade have not heard of this yet.

Also, some units in the same brigade, when doing short arm dressing, without weapons, put up the left arm, when it's supposed to be the right.
                          Probably because there has been no TI ot TC about it.

Secondly. The manual says "short arm" dressing is done with the left hand on the hip. "Long arm" is done with the right hand up, and short arm with weapons is also with the left hand on hip.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando69
                            Short arm dressing is with the left arm, when was it any different?
                            So let me get this straight..correct me if i'm missing something here.

Are you suggesting Kermit is wrong??????

Comment

my my how things have changed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X