Question on Bulling Boots and not bulldemboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Bulling Boots and not bulldemboots

hey lads im wondering can someone help me out on this? whats the story with bulling your boots in the Defence Forces? is it optional? as a new recruit i was always told to do it so i did and continue to for more reasons than i was just told too, but most other people in my platoon dont bull their boots and in the coy very few do either, i had assumed it was regulations or something am i wrong? its quite frustrating that most dont and nothing is said. personaly im happy to do it as i believe bulled boots are as important as having your beret on in terms of uniform, but also i use dublin bus to get to barracks so how i portray the DF is very important to me. i just wish that it was enforced if it is regulation if its not well ahh thats a shame
    cheers :tri:
    '....drug problem in vietnam? its not a problem everybody has some....'

Try the search option
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

i had used search and had found that topic but its about how to bull boots not realy what im after
      '....drug problem in vietnam? its not a problem everybody has some....'

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot
        i had used search and had found that topic but its about how to bull boots not realy what im after
        Post numbers 6, 7, 14, 22 and 25 on that thread may assist you.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot
          whats the story with bulling your boots in the Defence Forces? i had assumed it was regulations or something am i wrong?
          As far as I am aware, bulling boots is illegal as it damages the boot. Boots should always be clean & polished.

When wearing No1s they should be shined.

Comment

With the PDF, we have a set for our NO 1's which are bulled

On a day to day parade or when in Field Dress, they are highley shined

the application of polish or dubbin onto leather or such like materials expands the life time of said boots

it also demonstrates that a soldier who cleans his boots, can take care of his equipment
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I don't know if its "illegal" but i know its pointless considering we wear a dpm uniform But like Dev said, Have a pair of boots with a good shine for your no 1's/parade uniform and another for other duties and exercises. It saves a lot of hastle cleaning and polishing before a parade. If you don't have a second pair then get a pair of your Q. Its well worth it
              Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
              Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
              do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by happeninMyLv
                If you don't have a second pair then get a pair of your Q. Its well worth it
                Ahahahaha
                Cpl: "Q, can I talk to you for a..."
                Q: "What size do you want, I don't have it" *walks off*

Comment

You being a TWO star wouldn't be entitled to a second pair of boots yet. Yet my Q has managed to find me three pairs of size 12 boots(rare enough to come across). Maybe your Q just doesn't like you Bary?????
                  Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                  Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                  do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

You are entitled to a second pair after 18 months effective service.

Comment

Is that in the regs dev?

My Q keeps telling me 3 years
                      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

The scale of issue is a second pair after 18 months, when your No1s are supposed to be issued. The 3 years thing is there nominal life, after which if they need to be replaced new ones should be issued.

Comment

yeah but that'll prob never happen!! probably be waiting a decade for new pair of parade boots
                          Cheers Bernard......

Comment

I've been in since Sep 2003 and whenever I ask can I get a second pair of boots I usually get a response which includes "3 Years" and "Piss off" from my Q.

Comment

Working...
                            X