Psych Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych Tests

Isn't it wierd that the army give you a medical a physical and then just hand you, a kid really, a loaded rifel without knowing what state of mind your in or what your outlook on life is at all!!

Should there be physcological tests before entering the RDF/PDF?

Any comments???

Even more of a risk with the RDF cause we all know that most people join the RDF when they're 15 or 16 cause they are alot more slack there about birth certs ect then the PDF so they really are kids with loaded assault rifels!!!

Comment

*EDIT*

Unsuitable for public consumption
      I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Attestations officers take a very grave risk when enlisting underage personnel.

I for one do not want to be a babysitter.

Comment

I know plenty of unbalanced individuals that I would not trust with a stanly knife and none of them are on prozac or anything else. There must be some sort of test we could have. Even if it was just ink blots or something.
          ====================================
          Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
          ====================================

Comment

There should be some sort of mental evaluation, last year on camp we had an incident with a particular person who tried to seriously injure themselves. A person like this should never have been allowed to join up, the RDF was not setup to deal with such unbalanced people. Attestations officers should be extremely vigilant as they carry the can if they let potentially dangerous people into the organisation. Under the freedom of information act an unsucessful candidate can find out the reason they were refused and therefore the attestations officer has to have a valid reason for refusing someone, a gut instinct is not enough. This act although a fair one has tied the hands of some attestation officers. The only thing we can do is to keep an eye on these unbalanced individuals and take official action where appropriate.

Comment

Good point, guys and girls. In the US the aptitude test is one of several hurdles that is supposed to catch the loonies before they ever get in, though most of the other stages depend on the individual volunteering and declaring the info. about their "mental health".

When I went through Basic Training a guy killed himself on the range. Was in the foxhole, put the muzzle in his mouth...etc., end of story, quite shocking. Doesn't say much for the vetting process, but when you need people I suppose you'll take all you can get, eg the Black Muslim in the 101st who threw the grenades into the command tents.
              No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

i knew a guy who was a bit mad but no-one thought anything of it untill 1 day in the middle of an exercise he said that sometimes hefeels like he just cant go on...he was shipped out straight away

Comment

Any bets on seeing a headline about unstable Irish child soldiers in the near future?

That aside there should be some sort of physcological testing. However it's quite likely that only the nutters would pass.
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                  My favourite moment was when the
                  Originally posted by hedgehog
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I remember being on stand too in castlebar one year. One of the privates was one of those "special people". An officer came over to me and told me that under no circumstances was that particular person to be allowed near a weapon :"I don't care if the f****** place is burning down, that f***** is not to be allowed near a weapon ! , You understand"
                    Well apparently the same person had been on guard a few nights previously and had held-up two of our people returning from the pub at gun point with an FN, the two people were convinced the nutter was preparing to cock the weapon!
                    If I remember correctly the two actually had to call the guard commander to reslove the situation because they were getting no where with the private. Thankfully that individual is no longer in the unit, but something serious could have happened.

Comment

so you see my point then!!!

Comment

Gunner Al, yeah, there is as nothing as disturbing as having a nutter in close proximity to automatic weapons!

Comment

hog i hope we never have to read about that :(
                          Glaine áir gcroí
                          Neart ár ngeag agus
                          beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

We already have, remember the soldier who killed those guys at the checkpoint in the Leb.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

There was an incident a few years ago where a private on range security went off with his FN into the woods and shot himself dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X