Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section in Attack!!

[MOD: Thread split]

Does anyone do section in attacks outside basic training anymore? Surely we have moved up to Platoon and Company in attacks?

platoon in attack is sooo much easier.

Comment

Do training in it every now and again but mostly as refresher training.
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

We do it in refresher training as well and thats about it.
        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
          Does anyone do section in attacks outside basic training anymore? Surely we have moved up to Platoon and Company in attacks?
          got to walk before you can run

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
            Surely Platoon Attacks consist of a series of section in attacks, and company in attack consist of a series of platoon in attack?

edit- I know it's not that simple, but you won't be in a position to assualt a position unless your in a position to assault a position. position. position. position. position. position.

How often can an RDF unit muster a full company of fully trained soldiers anyway?
            Last edited by JAG; 17 December 2005, 13:55.
            Take these men and women for your example.
            Like them, remember that posterity can only
            be for the free; that freedom is the sure
            possession of those who have the
            courage to defend it.
            Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
            If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

There was that time when the moon was blue.

To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Just Curious But in my Battalion Coy inattack is practiced in full scale several times a year this is a combination Company,Battalion Ex along training with Fighting Fifth (5th Inf Batt) So you may train in a full Coy in attack up to three times a year using Blanks etc.. But Coy in Attack will be practiced (Dry-runs) dozens of times a year in our training grounds etc.. Now Section In Attack would be done as part of refresher training in when doing the likes of Platoon In Attack. Now more and more ATCP training is been done progressly as part of Three Star training etc.. Section In Attack Is The Bread And Butter Of Tacical Ops/Training InnDefence Forces No Matter What Rank Or amount of service u obtain the basic fundamentals will never leave you...
                British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

The only time my unit do them is on camp. They should be done much more often as possible in my opinion as they are a basic tactical manoeuvre which everyone infantryman should know inside out.

It helps to refresh people by giving them refresher lessons but the best refresher training for tactics is getting dirty (so to speak) on the ground and doing it there.

Comment

We did it during the PSO, Section and Platoon attacks that is, we had enough to do a company attack but instead a few PDF came down and a few of the RDF guys were chosen to do a company in attack with the PDF,
                    What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                    Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Lads blanks dont grow on trees in the irish army, Reserve or PDF
                      for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                        Surely Platoon Attacks consist of a series of section in attacks, and company in attack consist of a series of platoon in attack?
                        I wish it were that simple. The are very subtle but significant differences between Platoon in attack and Section in attack.

Watch any cpl who has done section in attack only try to command a platoon in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                          Well spotted that man.
                          sigpic
                          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                          My favourite moment was when the
                          Originally posted by hedgehog
                          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Section attack: the bread and butter of the British Army

Comment

but the smallest attack the brits would do would be company in attack. We should practice it a lot more also both in RDF and PDF.

Comment

Working...
                              X