X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about photo of PDF

From the IMO gallery:

Some questions:
    1: The Sgt standing up (the one with the DPM backed para wings ) - what's that on the right shoulder strap of his PLCE?

2: The Pte second from the right - what's up with his shoulders?! He looks like he's playing American football, not firing the HMG

3: The Pte on the right - aside from the yank helmet (with matching cats eye band), is the silver duck tape holding the cut up strips of roll mat onto his PLCE yoke not a bit.....non-tactical?

2: The Pte second from the right - what's up with his shoulders?! He looks like he's playing American football, not firing the HMG

3: The Pte on the right - aside from the yank helmet (with matching cats eye band), is the silver duck tape holding the cut up strips of roll mat onto his PLCE yoke not a bit.....non-tactical?
    Im guessing they both padded their shoulders because they have to lug about the tripod on them. I'd do the same if I had to carry that monster.

The guy to our left could do with a new pair of boots.
    Last edited by Jimmy C; 23 December 2005, 19:04.
    "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
    - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

1.The "sgts" chinstrap, completely useless.
      2. His tactical necklace.
      3. His beautiful rings.
      4. His gorgeous T- shirt.

Comment

Could the sgt have added some padding for the HMG?
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

having had first hand exp of carrying on of them beasts , damn straight youd pad up your shoulders esp if its the barrell youve been lumped with
          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

nice yank helmet though...and the cover looks a good fit on it too
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
              The Pte second from the right - what's up with his shoulders?
              I'm guessing rugby pads.

As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

It's not an American helmet. Could it be one of the Dutch ones, or maybe the new Israeli type?

NTM
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

it looks like the type the mowag guys get, i.e the the bloods on the curragh.
                  The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Its a rbr pasgt helmet .
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

happy christmas APOD

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                        Some questions:
                        1: The Sgt standing up (the one with the DPM backed para wings ) - what's that on the right shoulder strap of his PLCE?

Since I took the photos, I can reveal that the Sgt has a piece of padding that he made himself on his right shoulder All the crew had some sort of padding, a necessity since they had carried the HMG about 10 km on the exercise Pte Meade did indeed buy a set of rugby player's shoulder pads and silver duct tape is non-tactical. Presumably the hardware shop was out of DPM duct tape. It's probably not as obvious as the red ammunition though.
                        sigpic
                        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                        My favourite moment was when the
                        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua
                          1.The "sgts" chinstrap, completely useless.
                          2. His tactical necklace.
                          3. His beautiful rings.
                          4. His gorgeous T- shirt.
                          His chinstrap would be fine if he fastened it. His jewellery is his own business and his T-Shirt is in fact the long sleeved dry-flo top. And he is a Sgt so there is no need to put his rank in inverted commas.
                          sigpic
                          Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

And the para wings are real.....as are other qulifications the guy carries. Yeah iy was a nice day for a walk.

Barry go nit pick some where else....maggot!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

and thats the end of that...
                              '....drug problem in vietnam? its not a problem everybody has some....'

Comment

Working...
                              X