Irish Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Blue Max View Post
    I was told yesterday by a freind in the know. That personnel forming part of the EU Battle Group and goin over to take part in activities with them our to recieve some new version of the DPM uniform.

It is the first i heard about this, it appartently is to be similiar in design of the swedish camoflague scheme.

It is currently been trialed/delivered to one infantry unit in eastern command (not in DFHQ) but elsewhere and there some patch aswell which inticacts the each countrys army i.e. a small Irish DPM patch on the uniform.

This is all the information i recieved on this has anybody else heared about this?

BMax.
    That sound a bit stupid, I mean how long have they had the DPM? Maybe they're getting the swedish M90 uniform for their time in the EU battlegroup?:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Last edited by mugs; 29 May 2007, 17:49.
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by The Blue Max View Post
      I was told yesterday by a freind in the know. That personnel forming part of the EU Battle Group and goin over to take part in activities with them our to recieve some new version of the DPM uniform.

It is the first i heard about this, it appartently is to be similiar in design of the swedish camoflague scheme.

It is currently been trialed/delivered to one infantry unit in eastern command (not in DFHQ) but elsewhere and there some patch aswell which inticacts the each countrys army i.e. a small Irish DPM patch on the uniform.

This is all the information i recieved on this has anybody else heared about this?

BMax.
      I think someone was yanking your crank bm.We have worked alongside the finns in Kosovo.We never changed our uniform.We have worked alongside the swedes in Liberia.We never changed our uniform either.There are photos of the other countries in the nbg on military photos.net,they never changed their uniform either.I think it would be a very costly exercise to keep changing the pattern everytime we start working alongside another army .No.i would say a ball hop.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        I think someone was yanking your crank bm.We have worked alongside the finns in Kosovo.We never changed our uniform.We have worked alongside the swedes in Liberia.We never changed our uniform either.There are photos of the other countries in the nbg on military photos.net,they never changed their uniform either.I think it would be a very costly exercise to keep changing the pattern everytime we start working alongside another army .No.i would say a ball hop.
        oh, but i was so looking forward to feeling victimised by the pdf by not getting their shiny new foreignly fashionable dpm and having to make do with the normal irish dpm stuff. now what will rdforra meaninglessly complain about

on the same veign, are we going to get the same light weapons as the finns or swede's and adopt their tactics aswell.
        also, purely in the spirit of international co-operation you understand, can we do an exchange of some of their women for ours?
        courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
          also, purely in the spirit of international co-operation you understand, can we do an exchange of some of their women for ours?
          gigity gigity gigity goo
          Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
            on the same veign, are we going to get the same light weapons as the finns or swede's and adopt their tactics aswell.
            Anybody going to Sweden won't be getting a weapon. It was in the Cosantoir recently in that article about surviving in the cold.
            sigpic
            Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
            My favourite moment was when the
            Originally posted by hedgehog
            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

purely in the spirit of international co-operation you understand, can we do an exchange of some of their women for ours?
              Now THERES an interesting proposal!
              Last edited by The Joker; 31 May 2007, 11:42.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

getting blue /black / grey DPM combats, will look horrible but at least we will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                  getting blue /black / grey DPM combats, will look horrible but at least we will be different.
                  Who will be and why??
                  Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

Nsr

Comment

Nsr
                      You are taking the piss right?
                      Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

Nope, we will look like Russian police, NS have changed to Army DPM but the powers that be want a differance between the Res and the NS.

Comment

Nsr
                          Somebody believed the storys told at recruit training....
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

To blend in with the ocean?:wink:

Comment

can I get thsi straight

The NSR are getting a different colour DPM

Are teh Navy boys getting the same colour

or are teh NSR going to be unique
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

The NSR are already unique. They have a smock that nobody else has.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X