Irish Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drylander View Post
    Anybody know what the patch the Irish guy is wearing .
    Its in another thread somewhere, It was said to be the Kabul multi national brigade flash
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
      Yesterday.......... range.

Backfired on ya... Sorry Goldie
      It was worth a shot...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

from the few pictures i've seen of our desert dpm it seems quite light shaded. maybe should be a little darker?
        have always thought the british desert dpm has been the best blend of pattern and colour shades i've seen of any country for camouflage in arid areas.
        Fate whispers to the warrior, "There is a storm coming"

And the warrior whispers back "I am the storm".

Comment

O/T so sorry in advance, but does anyone know where lanyards can be got/obtained/bought ?

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
            O/T so sorry in advance, but does anyone know where lanyards can be got/obtained/bought ?
            Try the Privates Mess.
            Thats were they are sold in my Barracks.

Comment

Originally posted by RDF View Post
              Only prob no helemt cover to match
              Why don't they take off the helmet cover and spray it a tan color?

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                Why don't they take off the helmet cover and spray it a tan color?

That reflects light, even with a Matt colour on it.
                Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                  That reflects light, even with a Matt colour on it.
                  Wear a foreign camo then? I've seen PDF guys wearing US woodland and Brit DPM vests before the issue battlevest came out. Even bush hats of various camo's.

Why not just buy a Brit or US Desert camo cover? Twud only be about a fiver.

Brit Desert camo vests would go very cheap.

Although they'd have to buy it themselves.

There's also the very simple option of cutting a massive circle out their Desert DPM shirts and wrapping it around the helmet.

I've seen that done with woodland DPM shirts too i might add!

Comment

The old US desert stuff they used in the early days of Iraq would do fine, it's probably cheap as chips by now
                    just checked, us cav.com are selling old desert bdu helmet covers for $1.88 on sale!
                    Last edited by CS Gass; 13 February 2010, 18:00.

Comment

• quite simply its probably one of two things :

1. desert dpm issued in so few numbers probably not worth making up helmet covers. or desert pattern assault vests for that matter.

2. kept the usual helmet cover and vest to help identify irish troops in theatre..a bit like the chad situation.

better that then wearing a mish mash of privately purchased kit...doesn't portray a very uniform or professional demeanor to other nations present.
                      Last edited by X-RayOne; 14 February 2010, 14:51.
                      Fate whispers to the warrior, "There is a storm coming"

And the warrior whispers back "I am the storm".

Comment

• I wonder if they'll ever switch to desert dpm in Chad or subsequent missions, if they did aside from the uniforms, 500 or so helmet covers, vests and packs could be purchased and held in a pool for those missions, that'd hardly be a waste of money

Comment

• Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                          I wonder if they'll ever switch to desert dpm in Chad or subsequent missions, if they did aside from the uniforms, 500 or so helmet covers, vests and packs could be purchased and held in a pool for those missions, that'd hardly be a waste of money

Pools never really work since you'll always end up with not enough sizes for certain people, then more would have to be ordered, as well as damages, overall they cost more since your ordering in a smaller batch and we all know the DF hates spending money.........
                          Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Simply stop recruiting odd sizes and force those already in service to convert to normal standards, then institute a you break it you bought it policy, do I have to think of everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                              Simply stop recruiting odd sizes and force those already in service to convert to normal standards, then institute a you break it you bought it policy, do I have to think of everything?
                              sign him up o'dea!
                              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                              He put a bullet through his brain.
                              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• There are no desert helmet covers on the latest tender. The next supplier will not be required to provide them.
                                I guess that meand if we are goin anywhere dusty in the near future, it'll be with a blue helmet cover.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X