Irish Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Uniforms

hi ive done a search of IMO and looked around google but havent been able to find anything on this, how many different army uniforms is there? i know theres the DPM's but what about the dress uniform is there just the one? also is there like a C uniforms the marines have for office wear and all that? also while im on it whats the strap thing from the shoulder around under the arm thats on dress uniforms? cheers
    '....drug problem in vietnam? its not a problem everybody has some....'

There is several differant uniform variation with DPMs alone also with SD1s its the same depending on duty i.e Jumper,trousers and shirt etc is one combination that can be scene in the likes of DFHQ pr Colaiste Caomhne in Glasnevin etc.. The Shoulder item you refer to is known as a "Lanyard" and it appears in differnt colours depending on unit etc... Hope this info helps.
    British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
    Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

yeah thats great cheers
      '....drug problem in vietnam? its not a problem everybody has some....'

Comment

So what is SD1 minus tunic plus jumper called? (I was told this before, can't remember what it is though)

Comment

SD1 for o/ranks is supposed to be with steel helmets and 58 pattern webbing. What's worn as SD1, is actually SD2.
          Really? I thought SD1 was dress uniform with medals and SD2 was without?

Comment

There is a good book called ''The Irish Defence Forces since 1922'' published by Osprey. It has very good drawings and pictures of Irish uniforms from 1922 to present as well as the history behind each uniform.

Comment

do the defence forces have desert dpm or do they just have jungle? i think all h/q and barracks personnel should wear sd2 (sd1 with woolly jumper sans tunic?) and sd1 for all public events. much more dapper looking. also, how many different band uniforms are there?
              Cannon to right of them,
              Cannon to left of them,
              Cannon in front of them
              Volley'd and thunder'd;
              Storm'd at with shot and shell,
              Boldly they rode and well,
              Into the jaws of Death,
              Into the mouth of Hell
              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by eelmonster
                do the defence forces have desert dpm or do they just have jungle?
                There is one DPM uniform in use within the DF. No desert or jungle DPM.
                Ce site web est à vendre ! 62infantry.com réunit des informations et annonces. Nous espérons que vous y trouverez les informations que vous recherchez !

Comment

there is apparently a desert dpm for the irish defence forces, something simialr to the british pattern, this wasannounced by protacman on the the protac board, i have never seen, and am sceptical as to existence, you can draw your own conclusions.
                  The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Thats the old US Choc Chip if i remember correctly. Its use was discontinued for the second group who went out there.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Thats true, but there is supposedly an actual irish version, in brit pattern but diferent shades of desert colour...... but as i said i am scptical about its exitence.
                      The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

what's the difference between their current dpms and jungle dpms - i would have thought they'd be the same thing???
                        Cannon to right of them,
                        Cannon to left of them,
                        Cannon in front of them
                        Volley'd and thunder'd;
                        Into the jaws of Death,
                        Into the mouth of Hell
                        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Sorry i got i wrong its irish pattern english colours, here is the link for the site where i saw them talking about it, http://www.protacpx.proboards36.com/...ead=1123362080

Comment

... but still no pics?
                            Cannon to right of them,
                            Cannon to left of them,
                            Cannon in front of them
                            Volley'd and thunder'd;
                            Into the jaws of Death,
                            Into the mouth of Hell
                            Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by eelmonster
                              what's the difference between their current dpms and jungle dpms - i would have thought they'd be the same thing???
                              DPMs are just that, DPMs, we only have one kind. The trousers come in 2 flavours, summer and winter

For forces that make the distinction, jungle uniforms are much, much lighter. If we had a jungle uniform the major change would be a combat shirt (smock pattern made of shirt material)

Comment

Working...
                              X