Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Televisions to be banned in Guard Rooms.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A PS2 still requires a TV, which would require a licence...

Comment

What about that PS1 with the built in display?
      Meh.

Comment

You will find that it is probably an infringement on the games licencing agreement.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well it looks like that there'll be a lot of scrubbing in Guard Rooms if televisions go by the board!!The cleanest walls you'll see anywhere!!
          But seriously i think its another kick in the balls for the hard pressed soldier.Not only does he do an inordinate amount of Guards,Stand to's etc,now they want to take away the only form of entertainment in the Guard Room!VCR's are already banned from Guard & Stand to rooms as it is.Back to the bad old days it is i tells ya.
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

Kermit: "A PS2 still requires a TV, which would require a licence..."

I don't believe this to be the case! If it's not broadcasting TV stations or IMRO regulated material then I don't believe you need an IMRO licence. I think you may need a TV licence (but that's debatable).

Prove me wrong Kermit, prove me wrong!
            I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

bULLsH1T I did Guard Commander Last week and Watched TV for about 23 hours (Thank God for Patrol's) And There was VCR and DVD Player. Do you Think the IMRO are going to come up and Demand to Inspect the Guard room. It includes Pub's Club's and Oil Rigs Etc. I believe that Military establishments are Exempt from these charges. (BTW Kilbride and The Glen Both have Sky Digital dishes on the "Guard Room"
              Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

IMRO doesn't provide a licence, so the licence I was referring to was the TV one.

QED.

If one decides to play DVDs on the PS2, then they'd have to give money to IMRO

Comment

What we are talking about is the IMRO charge. If a person played the PS2 on a TV then it has nothing to do with the IMRO! So thus they would not have to pay a fee. I'm still not convinced of the need for a TV licence if the device is not hooked into an ariel or that.
                  I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Earhart, if you have a TV (even if its broken or not plugged in) you need a licence for it. Simple as that.

Once you have one licence per address though, that covers all TVs at that address. So if (say) Finner Camp has a Television, it covers all Televisions held on that property.

Comment

If there is no TV in the guardroom were will just have to find other ways of entertaining ourselves. No Im not talking about that. Perhaps a good old game of card, chess or Xs and Os.

Comment

Chess and draughts kept us sane in bere island last year during my time on in the cell
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

I'm a killer at rock, scissors and paper. Got it down to a fine art.

I spy with my little eye, that one is quite a challenge in the guardroom.

Cowboys and Indians are probably a bad idea.

Comment

Iv never been to bear island. What’s it like?

Comment

Its a cold dark bleek place when the weather is poor and the wind howling and the rain bucketing down, in the good weather you think you are in a world apart as its beautiful. The accomidation isnt fantistic but better that a few around namely Tralee and Kilworth last year
                              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

The only time I was there, the fog was so thick that you couldn't see more than a couple of metres. Still, it cleared up in time for our little orienteering competition around the island.
                                Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X