• jpb
    replied
    take it you were with A Coy then binman :D :D

Leave a comment:

• B Inman
    Sergeant Major

• B Inman
    replied
    Battle innoculation is worth doing it gives an idea of the noise that occurs at the receiving end...

But when overseas personally I still found "Firing close to UNFIL OP" difficult especially HMG low over post, 155mm seemed more remote.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    replied
    No i definetly agee that nbc training should continue.And I second what jpb said.
    thats my tuppence worht on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• jpb
    chastised by the SGT

• jpb
    replied
    people seem to be speaking about battle innoculation as if it some kind of injection or something to stop people getting the shits if they come up ageinst a lot of firing...heavy or not.

i have actually done it a number of times,and, it was not to see if the troops could "hack" it, but was used as a tool to train troops to actually count the individual wpns being fired, how many rds fired and from what direction, each time i did it we had to have an approximation of the amount of fire, type of fire and number of explosions and approximate distance.

rather then look at it as some kind of macho proving ground, look at it for what it is, a training tool, its not like being in the butts, and people have actually been injured, not too badly thank god...to end battle innoculation is a well used and proven training tool...nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    Banned User

• BANDIT
    replied
    The more people are exposed to loud bangs, rounbds over head , mortar fire etc in training the better. TRhe more realistic training is the better. As for NBC training I would cancel it just practice head between the legs etc,

Leave a comment:

• Victor
    replied
    Originally posted by apod
    Excuse me ??Nothing could be furthur from the truth.I made a point that the battle innoculation whilst relevant to service in ares where heavy weapons are routinely used,may not be so usefull for areas that are relatively safer.
    Its about balance. Kosovo could heat up again (their president died yesterday), so battle innoculation is a contingency, which um, militaries have to train for.

Would you discourage all NBC training, because and NBC attack is unlikely?

Leave a comment:

• apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    replied
    Excuse me ??Nothing could be furthur from the truth.I made a point that the battle innoculation whilst relevant to service in ares where heavy weapons are routinely used,may not be so usefull for areas that are relatively safer.
    You disagree thats your perogative ,but i have the right to respond when you make comments like you did.
    if speeking of my experience overseas is looking for hero worship ,then why dont you say the same to all the other pdf who post their experiences here.

You have proved my point ,as i said in my last pm and have started bringing a personal beef into the open forum.If you have something to say pm me buts lets try and keep it civil while we post ok

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    Banned User

• BANDIT
    replied
    Try Somalia , there a few weeks ago, Prices of AKs gone up but everything available from the market. up to sam 7s

Leave a comment:

• haribo
    replied
    [QUOTE=hedgehog]for the perfect COuntry try Bosnia

absolutley gorgeous people to strangers[/QUOTE]

Did'nt they win the eurovision?

y'omani' du poi' ......... united kingdom 2 points .

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    for the perfect COuntry try Bosnia

absolutley gorgeous people to strangers

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by apod
    You trying to be a smart arse goldie ? sorry if i know more about kosovo than you having been there?
    Where you?
    No. I only made it as far as Brko.(I assume you know where that is?)

You are seeking hero worship again. You won't find it here.

Leave a comment:

• haribo
    replied
    Originally posted by combatlogo
    It's an absolute kip. Iraq would be a better holiday destination.
    As a civilian, I for one have no intention of visiting any of the above, holiday or not .

Leave a comment:

• JAG
    replied
    Originally posted by combatlogo
    Really? I heard good things about the place. Leaving aside the bitterness, ethnic tensions, "Bin Laden Army" etc, it's meant to be quite pleasant.

Of course, after you "leave aside" I'm not sure what else is left.

Leave a comment:

• combatlogo
    The Man on the Telly

• combatlogo
    replied
    Originally posted by JAG
    From conversation with a Kosovar- agreed. Apparrantly a beautiful country though, and highly recommended for a holiday.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    Commander in Chief

• apod
    replied
    You trying to be a smart arse goldie ? sorry if i know more about kosovo than you having been there?
    Where you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X