Attitude to the PA's(MPs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attitude to the PA's(MPs)

Now i am not saying i think they are great, the one or two i know seem ok, but i have heard some stories of them being complete w*nkers but why do so many people have such a dislike for the PA's?
    The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

two words................................Power and Trip
    Last edited by ackack; 16 January 2006, 16:08.
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

whilst in CBB attending a medical for re-enlistment I drove down the wrong way in the one way system, it had changed since i was last there, a PA (not the normal gate policeman) pulled me on the way out and proceeded to lash me out of it for driving down the wrong road. After listening to him for a couple of minutes without responding (during which he got very red) he asked me what rank was I... civilian I told him and our conversion was over
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

I would love to see his reaction if he ever saw you in uniform! and recognised you! :redface:
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

They are for the most part fellow soldiers doing a job

It is like saying what do you think of hte Gardai

The PA's are the biggest shower of clowns if they catch you doing something wrong

but when they return your stolen bike

my Jaysus they are great all together

saying that most of our lads are grand
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Also out of wonder, what do rdf pa's do on camp?

Comment

pa's on camp

You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

You might as well ask why dogs chase postmen?

Comment

i've never had any bother with PA's maybe cause i've never been in trouble.
                  but there was this one time down the glen and they were chasing us all over the place cause nobody was in their billets, but other than that nothing... they seem ok to me
                  Cheers Bernard......

Comment

The senior NCO's are alright, the juniors I've only heard stories about.
                    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

When did the PA introduce the red beret? Most NATO and commonwealth countries adopted it in the late seventies - did the PA follow suit?

The REDCAPS - History of the RMP by G.D. Sheffield states:

The RMP were known as the "Redcaps" which denoted the red "slip on" hat cover which RMP qualified personnel wore over the issue khaki peak cap that all personnel of the British Army are issued. Supposedly the "red" colour was chosen by the wife of the Provost Major in 1885 and another suggestion cites an Indian Military Police unit which had worn a red turban during the Indian Mutiny.
                      Cannon to right of them,
                      Cannon to left of them,
                      Cannon in front of them
                      Volley'd and thunder'd;
                      Storm'd at with shot and shell,
                      Boldly they rode and well,
                      Into the jaws of Death,
                      Into the mouth of Hell
                      Rode the six hundred.

Comment

The only thing I have ever seen the PA`s do is park cars. Anyone who was in Sarsfield for the Re-Org will agree with me. Hundreds of PA`s with only one job: direct traffic.

Comment

I have never had a run in with the pa's. I find that if i stay out of their way and they stay out of mine then they're grand. Their only shit heads when they have to be. At the end of the day they're just soldiers like the rest of us.
                          Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                          Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                          do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Saw them trying to march once. Now that was kinda funny.
                            Meh.

Comment

We had P.A.'s staying in our billet for the last few days of the PSO this summer, really sound bunch of lads, talk away to them not a bother, they did get kind of annoyed when we were gettin up at half 6 though don't think theyhad to be up til 9.

All i ever saw them do was direct the Mercedes trucks around the place, the PDF P.A.'s on the other hand were an all together different kettle of fish, with their suzuki bandits there were at least 8 of them in camp at one stage, yet all tey did was stop traffic civilian so the trucks could go across the road onto ranges.
                              What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                              Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Working...
                              X