RDF Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF Camp

Hey! I'm new to the board and this is one of my first posts.

I was talking to a RDF Captain from the 62nd and he told me that as part of the new Reserve Defence Forces we can expect to go away to camp for aroung 6 weeks of the summer. I'm just wondering, just what are the chances of going for the full 6 weeks or will it be a one or two week thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As with anything in the Army, dont believe it untill you see it...
    Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Now I need 6 weeks of from work, it just keeps getting better.

Who'll employ us now?
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Six weeks would be nice for us student types. I pity the poor bastards who go looking for that kind of time off from their employer
        Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
        Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
        do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Bring in job protection legislation NOW!!!
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

It'll never happen. I think that might only add to the employer problems were having as it is. As in they won't fuppin employ us.

Comment

Bring in tax benefits as well for those that hire reservists NOW!!!
              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

some incentives
                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

6 weeks continuous camp would be great but afaik(my battalion anyway) we're limited to 28 man days per person.
                  Moving like brown's cows!

Comment

The whole RDF is limited now to twenty eight days as anything else and you are getting in to the realms of entitlements such as leave etc.

Well thats what the reorg was about really to get students to cover exercises during the summer.

All the other stuff allowances ..pay etc would have been sorted before any reorg if they thought they needed it...nonoby pushed hard enough...The civil service now has its free reserve..full of skilled people at negiligble expense.

Well done all those who pushed for the Reorg...and never saw the consequences....you got what you wished for..[
                    I]now live with it![/I]
                    Last edited by hptmurphy; 26 January 2006, 16:49.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbag
                      I was talking to a RDF Captain from the 62nd and he told me that as part of the new Reserve Defence Forces we can expect to go away to camp for aroung 6 weeks of the summer.
                      6 weeks of camp in the summer just with the 62nd is lies.

6 weeks with different units is not impossible but difficult to get if you're only a recruit.
                      As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

28 man days?? i thought it was 42 mandays a year? and are you giving days for your courses or are they included in the mandays?

sandbag, if you want to go away for 6 weeks in the summer, join the medical corps!
                        Cheers Bernard......

Comment

42 man days is the maximum allowed. However i believe this will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Personnel such as cooks and drivers would get priority for extra days as they are essential.
                          Moving like brown's cows!

Comment

The same goes for medics. If there is a justifiable reason for you to get extra days then you'll get them but it will be difficult. Unless of course your a driver/cook/medic/mp.

Comment

The max amount of paid mandays a reservist can do is 42 days (it is possible to do more with DOD premission - on a case by case basis).

62 Inf are having 3 weeks of camp (one in the next few months and 2 in the summer). If you want to do more than that get a place on a course.

Comment

Working...
                              X