Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailer
    replied
    We all signed one of our piss pots and gave it to the PDF instructors on our course.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    On my pots course in 2001 a number of participants turned up with the steel helmet. They were directed by those running the course to the nearest skip and assured that their PDF cadre would not miss them if they failed to return them. I believe they were supposed to have been withdrawn from use as they are a H&S risk,ie they do more damage than if you were not wearing them at all.

Leave a comment:

• FCA Trooper
    replied
    yeah,i know those helmets. have worn them down in the butts on the range a couple of times. apparently,they're from the old east german army...!

Leave a comment:

• ICUN
    replied
    cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Infy
    replied
    it was in the donegal peoples press its black and white but il try and get it sent later.

Leave a comment:

• ICUN
    replied
    Thanks for the congratulations!

Inf Boy....was that in the Donegal Democrat? I am in Dub now and cant get it, if you get a chance could you scan it and send it to me? I dunno where they got LDF from, my granda was in the LDF in WW2! Maybe they got confused because of our wbbing!

We were all fairly tired at the end of the course....partially from the tactics and partially from the session on the last night!

Regarding webbing, I have PLCE webbing but you aren't allowed to use it, everyone has to have the same.

I think its a bit annoying that the Eastern Bde had PLCE and the Western didn't. it isn't really that big a deal but it should be the same for all of them. There were 45 or so on the course so I am sure they could have gopt us proper webbing that was designed at elast when we were born!

now, if you thought 58 pattern webbing was bad, dont get me started on the piss pot helmets they issued! (which we werent allowed to wear!)

Leave a comment:

• FCA Trooper
    replied
    well feck it anyway about the webbin. im going on the western summer course myself. think if i invested in a set of PLCE id be allowed use it? cant stand 58. its designed for FN mags,stuff falls out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    replied
    Congrats in completing the course ICUN.
    Last years Southern Brigade PNCO`s Course has PLCE.

Leave a comment:

• California Tanker
    replied
    For comparison, in Basic in the US, we have a 12-mile march out, 72 hours on the ground, and a 15-miler home. My god, but my feet were murdering me for three days afterwards...

At the end of OCS, I did a 30km haul in 4:28... And I'm never doing it again if I can help it.

NTM

Leave a comment:

• Infy
    replied
    congrats on the course ICUN, you looked b##xed on friday. well so did all of youse! there is a photo of a section of youse in the paper in the area today. Bastards had the cheek to call youse LDF!

Leave a comment:

• yellowjacket
    replied
    It wasn't anything to do about security,
    have a look at the rules , Off Topic & Chat posts will be deleted.

Leave a comment:

• boforgunner
    replied
    yup it certainly did....me and earhart were having an auld chin wag about our own pots course and all our posts got wiped....wouldnt mind but we didnt exactly give away any government secrets..........

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Did, perhaps, this thread get edited this afternoon while I wasn't watching ?

Leave a comment:

• T.I.M.
    replied
    This Years eastern pots all have P.L.C.E. i wouldnt do it in 58.....

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    I did my course with 58 pattern (As i suppose most people have, The thing is it was my own personal issue that I had since I was a recruit so I was well used to wearing it and had it adjusted properly to fit me, other people got issued their Webbing the Thursday night before the course and were in bits because of it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X