X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    They probably did look (while in No1s).

The Fionnglach is worn on the left (but not on DPMs).

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    It's on the left, as you look at it, in a mirror, through a prism, under water, with the lights off. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    The guys who designed the flash knew what side it should go on hence the original memo had it on the right side. The idiot that transcribed it into regulations is another story altogether

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    Originally posted by apod View Post
    The issue needs to be flagged and fast as A9 has already been amended twice with regards to the insignia.
    You'd think that whoever came up with this bright idea would have looked at their own uniform to see what shoulder the bloody thing was to go on before issuing the order, or were they confused as to which was their left and which was their right? Comedy of errors....

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Warning : The recently amended A9 for the DPM wearing, directs the flash be worn on the left shoulder, 2.5cm below the shoulder. This is clearly incorrect. Current Connect in An Cosantoir says on the right shoulder, which is not according to the regulation . Advice : wait for A9 to be changed.
    The issue needs to be flagged and fast as A9 has already been amended twice with regards to the insignia.As A9 is an instruction from the DCOS NOT putting them up at all is in breach of the current regulation.Dodgy one.Put them up wrong as per the instruction(moot point where the DPM shirt is concerned as their is nowhere to put it)or put them on the opposite shoulder as per the original memo and face sanction for being in breach of Regs.

Leave a comment:

• TangoSierra
    replied
    Warning : The recently amended A9 for the DPM wearing, directs the flash be worn on the left shoulder, 2.5cm below the shoulder. This is clearly incorrect.
    "If you can't do the little things right, you will never do the big things right." - USSOCOM Commander 2011-2014

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Warning : The recently amended A9 for the DPM wearing, directs the flash be worn on the left shoulder, 2.5cm below the shoulder. This is clearly incorrect. Current Connect in An Cosantoir says on the right shoulder, which is not according to the regulation . Advice : wait for A9 to be changed.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    MOD: Keep to the thread

Leave a comment:

• The Prisoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Who made YOU an Admin, Prisoner?
    As for climbing the stairs, head for the stores and draw a "Chair, Stairs Lift x1" from the Q staff...
    Ouch, touchy, touchy. I only asked a question. No need to shout.

Haven't the course done on the stair lift but it sounds like the kind of thing you'd be qualified to instruct on.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
    And what has all that got to do with the topic?

Pity they didn't get you to pick up one with your right hand and one with your left hand. Then you might know the difference between your right and left and it would have saved me the effort last Sunday morning, in my delicate state, of having to climb the stairs and realise you don't know your left from your right.
    Who made YOU an Admin, Prisoner?
    As for climbing the stairs, head for the stores and draw a "Chair, Stairs Lift x1" from the Q staff...

Leave a comment:

• The Prisoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    True...
    I did my PNCO Cse with the then 8 Inf Bn in Dundalk, back in the day
    Good bunch of lads in our accommodation room, helping one another out of hours, etc.

The goons in the room next door were mainly smokers - back in the day when you could smoke in the billets
    Had been burning them and tossing the butts out the upper floor window, without thought for consequences

One day a butt came sailing out and narrowly missed hittting the then BSM of 27 Inf Bn (a holy terror by all accounts), who was on a walk around

On seeing this, and the developing pile of butts on the ground, he stormed over to the 8 Inf Bn office where the course
    admin was being done, went berko to the Course I/C and stormed out

Less than 10 minutes later, we were being bounced downstairs by the Instrs without knowing why
    Segregated us into smokers and non smokers

Guess who got the job of scouring the entire barracks for cigarette butts?

Yup, you guessed it, the NON smokers

Caused holy f***ing murder back in the lines afterwards...

All that aside, it was a great course and many funny memories of that course...
    And what has all that got to do with the topic?

Pity they didn't get you to pick up one with your right hand and one with your left hand. Then you might know the difference between your right and left and it would have saved me the effort last Sunday morning, in my delicate state, of having to climb the stairs and realise you don't know your left from your right.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    The PNCO Cse in 1 way is mentally harder for a lot of people, as they have to go from being the led to the leader.
    True...
    I did my PNCO Cse with the then 8 Inf Bn in Dundalk, back in the day
    Good bunch of lads in our accommodation room, helping one another out of hours, etc.

The goons in the room next door were mainly smokers - back in the day when you could smoke in the billets
    Had been burning them and tossing the butts out the upper floor window, without thought for consequences

One day a butt came sailing out and narrowly missed hittting the then BSM of 27 Inf Bn (a holy terror by all accounts), who was on a walk around

On seeing this, and the developing pile of butts on the ground, he stormed over to the 8 Inf Bn office where the course
    admin was being done, went berko to the Course I/C and stormed out

Less than 10 minutes later, we were being bounced downstairs by the Instrs without knowing why
    Segregated us into smokers and non smokers

Guess who got the job of scouring the entire barracks for cigarette butts?

Yup, you guessed it, the NON smokers

Caused holy f***ing murder back in the lines afterwards...

All that aside, it was a great course and many funny memories of that course...

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    The PNCO Cse in 1 way is mentally harder for a lot of people, as they have to go from being the led to the leader.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    I have not done PDF recruit training. I've assisted with several classes though. My RDF PNCO was mentally more difficult than anything I'd done beforehand , or since for that matter , the only thing that came close was YO's and even then that was more physical than mental
    For me a toss up as to whether my PNCO or Std NCO Cse was harder
    For the PNCO Cse, the challenges were getting things done within the allotted time and understanding the "Borrrrrrderrrrrr" accent
    For my Std NCO Cse, I was a lot older, with all that this brings to the party

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    my first month in pdf recruit training was harder than my entire rdf nco course...
    I have not done PDF recruit training. I've assisted with several classes though. My RDF PNCO was mentally more difficult than anything I'd done beforehand , or since for that matter , the only thing that came close was YO's and even then that was more physical than mental

Leave a comment:

Working...
X