Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailer
    replied
    Yes Well I know thats going to happen but if anyone is in desperate need of one I can send them mine.

I might Draw one up Later of what I'd like to see them look like. If I get time!

Leave a comment:

• yooklid
    replied
    Bailer, how can you believe that you'll get the Cultaca badge straight away? 1 year from now there will be a thread saying "we don't have enough Cultaca badges" or something....

-Y

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    AF 517

Eh I can hardly remember my name half the time Bravo!!. Yeah I remember the 517 (Damn you for learning every AF DFR and COD off by heart) but I Think it's a bit stupid that everyone in the reserve can get these "Cultacha" badges, when we havn't all got the Name tags we're supposed to get, most people don't have enough Rank markings, especially 2*'s. and a lot of people still havn't got their scale of issue (kermit's still waiting for that norwegian I bet!, shirt that is not an "actual" norwegian)

As Far as I know the Apporval of the Insignia is decided by the QM general's office and probably in this case the OC reserve forces. I personally wouldn't mind a simple one like the Slua Badge, as Long as its not like the old badge ah yes sewing that big stupid thing onto the Working Dress Jacket

OK I'll wear it but it's getting Velcro'ed :flagwave:

Last edited by Bailer; 1 May 2003, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    From Bailer
    I'm not wearing mine until I get issued all the gear I should have though.
    Do you not remember the section on your 517 where you agreed to accept all pay, clothing and equipment as may be determined from time to time?

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    I Believe it will be more Like the Exisitng Slua Muiri badge (which will be replaced with a Cultacha badge in the existing colours i.e. Navy and Gold) The Army cultacha Badge will be The same with Gold on Green (I've heard) I'm not wearing mine until I get issued all the gear I should have though.

The Fiannóglágh Badge is copied Directly from the US "Ranger" Badge and wouldn't be appropriate!

Last edited by Bailer; 1 May 2003, 11:43.

Leave a comment:

• Infy
    replied
    probably some gobshite who will never have to wear one

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    would black text on a green back ground not be better?
    all we need is a silly looking flash on our shoulder, with the dpm uniform.
    I am all for it, but look at all the flashes that were on the US and UK forces in iraq! they blended into there uniform.
    Maybe bailer can do up one and send it into the army press office or the people that come up with the flash?
    Who decides what the flash looks like?? any body know?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It doesnt actuall exsist yet (or so I've been told) but it is expected to look like how irish_zero discribed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    am its kind like the ARW "fianoglaigh" flash. yellow letters on a black backing. as far as i know it will only be for overseas service. if it ever comes!!!

Leave a comment:

• Deadly Delta
    started a topic Cultaca Insignia?

Cultaca Insignia?

Does anyone know what the RDF insignia "Cultaca" looks like. Or has it been issued yet?
    Last edited by Deadly Delta; 1 May 2003, 00:12.
Working...
X