X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by apod View Post
    You are an NCO right? You train people and enforce standards and discipline in a uniform organisation right?
    Then you have a responsibility to set the example and wear what you are supposed to wear as part of the uniform as per the DFR. Which is a signed, lawful ORDER.And if you don't have one you should be actively looking to be issued one in order to comply with that order.Do you go around without headdress or boots??I think not.
    Your or mine personal misgiving's about how the uniform is worn are irrelevant.
    I agree to a point, in my case I've applied it to the garments where it will fit.

But in some cases the system is actively preventing us from meeting the standard.

The whole Cultraca issue could have been prevented by either (a) just keep the green beret or (b) put the flash on the right arm.

I've been requested to make myself available for 3 ceremonials this year. I couldn't because Clothing Stores won't issue me a peaker even though it's on the scale of issue and was 245B was signed by a PDF Comdt.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Once I am issued the patch, I will fly it up. Until then, I have no intention of seeking it out or flying it up.
    You are an NCO right? You train people and enforce standards and discipline in a uniform organisation right?
    Then you have a responsibility to set the example and wear what you are supposed to wear as part of the uniform as per the DFR. Which is a signed, lawful ORDER.And if you don't have one you should be actively looking to be issued one in order to comply with that order.Do you go around without headdress or boots??I think not.
    Your or mine personal misgiving's about how the uniform is worn are irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• holdfast
    replied
    Send us a picture when you do ODIN

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    PS there is already people on IKON complaining we don't all wear it - and they're right - follow the example lads - its not an optional wear item
    Who remembers the Single Force Concept? I read during the week, and cannot find the link now, that the Royal Auxiliary Air Force no longer wears their Auxiliary patch as they are seen as being part of a single force with the RAF. Seems they're getting it right.

Once I am issued the patch, I will fly it up. Until then, I have no intention of seeking it out or flying it up.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    there is no need with the small flags. On the larger flag shirts of which there is some variety you have to move it.

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    If I may add, the re-postioning of the small Irish tricolor to just above the sleeve pocket would accommodate the Cultaca very easily, the use of the large Irish tricolor "overseas" flash not so easy to accommodate the Cultaca flash.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Fahy gurning at the camera is worse than the flashes actually. If you note his Cultaca shows how high you have to move the flash and move the flag down on the new shirts but it doesn't actually look that bad -

the rest of that flickr set has some very excellent pictures actually

PS there is already people on IKON complaining we don't all wear it - and they're right - follow the example lads - its not an optional wear item

Leave a comment:

• X-RayOne
    replied
    A picture paints a thousand words:

Jesus....they look crap (the cultaca flashes to clarify!!) no matter which way or shirt they are worn on!!!

Mod edited to display the link

Thanks Mods...Flickr defeated my IT skills!
    Last edited by X-RayOne; 14 August 2016, 20:35.

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Mine were drawn for me and I collected them one evening. It required no trips to the stores.
    Yes that was afforded to operational units that were likely to be involved in the Easter Parade. If you missed that or if it was not done at your unit then you must go to the stores and draw them like any other uniform item. Though if you are in an operational unit I would check first with your CQ as he may have a stash in the drawer.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Mine were drawn for me and I collected them one evening. It required no trips to the stores.

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    Yes because there is a lawful order issued that you wear it and on enlistment you swore to obey all lawful orders and accept what ever clothing and equipment as my be prescribed for you. They are in stores, you get your clothing form and draw them. The system is a bollix and RDF unfriendly but it is the system, suck it up or do something else.
    Once I get a quiet day in work where the stores can give me an appointment, I'll head up and get an issue. Otherwise...I'll take the charge thanks

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    WTF!!

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    same here. Gotta set the example for the boys, its not My Lai for pete's sake. I can recommend Fitz alterations on Abbey St for the velcro, good cheap price for velcro and fitting.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    Already wearing those... we've been instructed to fit them over the flag anyway, even if it means on top of the seams.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    going to a seamstress - fitting velcro shoulder patch to 3 shirts and 2 smocks and to the back of the 3 flashes that i was issued. problem solved.
    Get issued the OnaE shirts and you can't fit them - save money

Leave a comment:

Working...
X