X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bam Bam
    replied
    Originally posted by ODIN View Post
    Is there any other Army in the Western world that uses a similar patch to distinguish Regular and Reserve elements. I've checked the US, UK and Aussies, and a brief search turns up nothing. Seems that a soldier is a soldier, regardless of being regular or reserve...just an observation.
    Are you implying their concept is one of a single force? How novel!

Leave a comment:

• TangoSierra
    replied
    A good one

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Originally posted by ODIN View Post
    Is there any other Army in the Western world that uses a similar patch to distinguish Regular and Reserve elements. I've checked the US, UK and Aussies, and a brief search turns up nothing. Seems that a soldier is a soldier, regardless of being regular or reserve...just an observation.
    Don't you know at this stage that if it has worked perfectly for every other army in the world it won't work here. It killed the PDF the day we ended up using the same weapon and wore the same uniform. Much harder to blame something on the baggers if you don't know whether you are talking to one or not.

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    UNIFIL battalions overseas used to wear Bn designation flashes above the national flag on the left shoulder. If the Cúltaca flash was of similar dimensions to the Fíanóglach flash, then there wouldn't be any issue with the fit on the newer style DPM shirts and smocks. Of course then you'd have eejits crabbing that they were mistaking Reservists for ARW... 😀

Can't win either way....

Leave a comment:

• AC182
    replied
    Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    It really should have been the same size as the NSR cultacha, then it would have fit.
    The size of the NSR flash varies dramatically depending on who the supplier was when issued. I still wear the original one from 2005. But there has since been a much smaller version, and now the current version is somewhere in between.

Theres been a few urban myths about different sizes depending on the garment but its all down to supplier.

But i take your point. The small one squeezes in on dpm shirts

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    What Dev said, im not putting it on until there is one harmonised instruction about what to do. its not really being pushed too hard on us at my callsign. - id just like to point out that wearing a flash which singles me out as a reservist doesnt bother me. admittedly at first it was frustrating as theyd just binned our berets, but now i couldnt care less, all i want as an NCO is for the reserve to have a strategic defined role, for those who have repeatedly proven themselves to be oxygen thieves and KPI failures and IT dodgers to be f**ked out and for the numbers to be ramped up so i can actually do what ive been trained to do with people who actually want to be there. bigger fish to fry than where to afix a poxy flash.
    Last edited by morpheus; 4 February 2016, 15:07.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
    Just put it on as the pics in the email, exact same as my pics, it looks gash but what can you do. Nobody will get charged over it.
    Charges is only one part of it

If I'm going to wear uniform I want to do so properly

If I put it up as per A9 - I'm improperly dressed as the tricolour will be covered
    If I put it up as suggested (which is inline with what J1s office has suggested - I'm improperly dressed as it isn't 2.5cm from the shoulder seam

My solution is don't put it up till they sort it out
    Last edited by DeV; 4 February 2016, 15:18.

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    replied
    Just put it on as the pics in the email, exact same as my pics, it looks gash but what can you do. Nobody will get charged over it.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    is it correct that a flash goes ABOVE the national flag though?

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    It really should have been the same size as the NSR cultacha, then it would have fit.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Right its on the left. Everyone at least is now clear on that thank fk for that.

SD1 as per A9
    DPMs as per DHRMS - squeeze her in.
    So its still wrong in its location!

Getting over the rights and wrongs and moving rather rapidly along I wounder has any one given consideration to reducing its size to make it fit on the wrong shoulder on the dpms?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Does it say the seats left or the observers left from the front or the observers left from the rear ???

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Right its on the left. Everyone at least is now clear on that thank fk for that.

SD1 as per A9
    DPMs as per DHRMS - squeeze her in.

Leave a comment:

• Flamingo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    Don't forget that the DJ4 who decided the cultacha flash would go on the right shoulder is now an ACOS. So you can either obey a Col, a Brg Gen or a Maj Gen
    Which has got the ability to totally **** you (as an individual) about? They are the one to obey!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X