No announcement yet.

Cultaca Insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting the BS here. The patch is an idiotic idea in a so called single force, In fact, it goes against the concept as it is used to identify one group as not being the same as the other.
    Seeing as we are cutting the BS.I agree but there is precedence even within the single force of differentiation.Prime example being the bottle green beret and those who wear it.Again our personal beliefs are moot points.
    Seriously though, are there those in the PDF who are so insecure that the feel the need to see the RDF wear an identifying tag to prevent confusion? I work for a multinational organisation, if a contractor, or a new person comes on site, they get the same ID badge as I have and are treated in the same manner.
    It's not about insecurity.There is anecdotal evidence of issues arising pre Cultaca flash of RDF personnel being mistaken for PDF in situations where it caused lets just say a few "problems".Being clearly ID'd prevents this.Going by some of the comments here the insecurity is the other way around.Oh and BTW surely a contractor should have a visitor ID and not a standard one to mark them out as being non full time staff.Is that not international best security practice.Moot question.The answer is yes.

Really, I don't give a toss about wearing a patch (bar the fact that it is over the national flag which disgusts me), I wore a green beret for the majority of my time in uniform.
    Obviously you do going by some of your comments here.As for wearing the tab above the flag it's a non issue.We wore our overseas unit tabs in the same manner for donkeys years.
    As stated above, I cannot get the thing issued, same as I cannot get anything else issued at present. Maybe stores should get some external consultants in to sort out their house, it cannot be that difficult to cloth and equip around 12000 people in a limited number of locations.
    Just to confirm so.have you requested the item on your 245B?If not why not? If they said there were personal issue UBACS for RDF going on issue I would lay a bet you would make it your business to find a way to get into stores to get one.Stop making lame excuses.As for how stores do their job that's already being address by people on a much higher pay grade than you and me.
    On a closing note, I have not heard one mention of the patch in my unit at a PDF or RDF level since its inception, maybe it is because we work together rather closely and they've accepted us as part of the unit, or maybe it''s because they don't care about the patch.
    Don't ask,don't tell?? Our RDF people have been accepted also(ask any of them) but they tog off as the Bn Comdr expects them to.
    Last edited by apod; 14 August 2016, 15:40.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Can we not just have the green berets back and be done with it? Everybody will still have them!
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Everybody will still have them!
        There is a volume of G1's and Two Stars who will not.

Please let's not get into situations about
        issues arising pre Cultaca flash of RDF personnel being mistaken for PDF in situations where it caused lets just say a few "problems"
        because the only genuine ones I can think of are a mess bill or overseas selection. There's some legal issues the DF is severely ostriching re command/responsbililities but that's not the same thing
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          There should be no problem with peakers for RDF there have been thousands issued this year alone.
          well Stores NCOs think otherwise.

In other news why not just borrow one from the shed loads of fellow RDF NCOs in your formation , its not as if you'll need it for long.
          well with more than 1 case with more notice I could have.

There are NO garments where the tab will not fit ! Move the flag FFS. I had to on one shirt . Look at the Comdt in the picture for an example of where you need to be with this. If you compare in the PIC with GOC S shirt and the Comdt's you can see the space difference above the flag ĂŹn the newer ranges of shirts . There is no problem at all on the older mini flags
          where does the DFR say the tab is to worn? 2.5cm below the seam not on the seam.

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
          It's really hard to wear something that has not been issued, and I cannot get an issue of. Same way I haven't got a shirt, boots or trousers since 2011. If stores will not deal with me, what am I meant to do apod?
          Have you a signed 245B to say that you should be issued ?

The nominal lift on the scale of issue doesn't mean your entitled to a new shirt after X years.

Of course, last time I checked, the Cultraca isn't on the scale of issue.

Originally posted by apod View Post
          You shouldn't have had to pay money out of your own pocket.There are tailors in barracks.
          Dev if you have the flashes and they won't fit then that is something to be brought up the chain with regards to uniform design.Personally I think the powers that be made a balls of the whole thing.If they has stuck with the original plan then none of this would be an issue.
          it was the CoC even recognised it due to the fact the instruction that was issued the countmans the DFR.

Now they are going back to the drawing board and re designing the flash after spending thousands of euros of taxpayers money.Moot point though.
          WTF. what's the bets on green berets making a come back?!

I work for a multinational organisation, if a contractor, or a new person comes on site, they get the same ID badge as I have and are treated in the same manner.
          in my work they say contractor in big red letters (for long term contractors)

RDF wise it is possibly to do with RDF officers and who they can issue orders to
          Last edited by DeV; 14 August 2016, 16:36.

Comment

• RDF wise it is possibly to do with RDF officers and who they can issue orders to
            whoever they are put in command of A18 para 21 but it needs to be specifically done by order to ensure command is legal , if they are PDF in the mix ..

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
              A picture paints a thousand words:

Jesus....they look crap (the cultaca flashes to clarify!!) no matter which way or shirt they are worn on!!!

Mod edited to display the link

Thanks Mods...Flickr defeated my IT skills!
              Looked through that album of pictures and spotted a subdued unit flash (more obvious if you enlarge the photo in Flickr)

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Are we going down the path of subdued unit flashes now?

Comment

• Hope not!!

Comment

• Everyone wants to be special it seems

Comment

• No.Private purchase.Look at the unit,and individual wearing it and then ask yourself if you are surprised
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                        No.Private purchase.Look at the unit,and individual wearing it and then ask yourself if you are surprised
                        True...but weren't they the unit that was usually used to test new things?

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                          Well, back when I was a sprog reservist, testing new kit would have been the domain of the Wing and the permanent border units (27, 28, 29 Inf Bns and 4 Cav Sqn). Of course, two of those units have now gone to the history books...
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Indeed my place of work (also a multinational), contractors (me) wear a different colour ID badge to the natives. Visitors wear a different colour badge again (let's just say that the colour makes it stand out). Visitors have to be signed in for a badge. Contractors are issued theirs on induction, same as the natives. Badge security profile dictates levels of access after that.

Getting back to the scenario at hand. Supposed to be a SFC. Then the CĂșltaca badge is introduced. It's up on my SD No1 tunic. The subdued version will not fit on the apex of the sleeve of the DPM shirts I have. As I said before, when the black beret was being introduced, if they wanted differentiation they should have introduced green patch behind cap badge. As they did for RDF MPs.

The RAF have scrapped the differentiating patch on their uniforms. As far as I know, the sky has not fallen in over in the UK.

Comment

• Getting back to the scenario at hand. Supposed to be a SFC. Then the CĂșltaca badge is introduced. It's up on my SD No1 tunic. The subdued version will not fit on the apex of the sleeve of the DPM shirts I have. As I said before, when the black beret was being introduced, if they wanted differentiation they should have introduced green patch behind cap badge. As they did for RDF MPs.

The RAF have scrapped the differentiating patch on their uniforms. As far as I know, the sky has not fallen in over in the UK.
                              I agree - BUT - we are a million times better than where we were ( red epaulettes on SD1 and Green berets, and red F.C.A. tab ) when I joined

getting the hump over a very small flash sounds like a small issue; as I said above PDF are spotting that some aren't bothering to wear it ( ESPECIALLY those above the Pte rank ) due to essentially crappy "wont' fit- can't be arsed- excuses" remember this is the DF - everyone looks at everyone else - and our credibility suffers

( look at the counter argument - if enough people wear the cultaca high you can be sure they will change it but until then there won't be jack-shit ).

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                                Yes , like mood altering drugs etc .
                                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Working...
                                X