Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Glorious Food, hot jelly and custard......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Glorious Food, hot jelly and custard......

[Mod: Thread (banana) Split]

if the army are upping the fitness tests aimed at getting the Army to beat the bulge should they not also be looking at what solders are given to eat everday in some barracks, I understand that its not the same in every barracks or mayby it is but there are barracks that serve chips everyday soaked in fat and fry ups in the morning now I know solders have the choice on wherther to eat these foods but still its a simple as instead of frying food grill it, have oven chips. not saying that Im right and that all the barracks are like this and mayby things have changed in that department and they improved it but I really feel if they improved the food health wise it will make a difference to most solders.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 26 January 2006, 11:51.

Originally posted by Grasshopper
    if the army are upping the fitness tests aimed at getting the Army to beat the bulge should they not also be looking at what solders are given to eat everday in some barracks, I understand that its not the same in every barracks or mayby it is but there are barracks that serve chips everyday soaked in fat and fry ups in the morning now I know solders have the choice on wherther to eat these foods but still its a simple as instead of frying food grill it, have oven chips. not saying that Im right and that all the barracks are like this and mayby things have changed in that department and they improved it but I really feel if they improved the food health wise it will make a difference to most solders.
    I would presume the need for these foods is the high calorie count per plate which would be very usefull to a soldier on the ground or while training. But in barracks when they are sitting on their hole doin feck all then i suppose it wouldn't be the best for you. They don't have to eat all of it though.
    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Bob
      The same food is served in every barracks in the country, i.e. if you get liver and chips in McKee, you'll also get it in Finner.

I would seriously have a long hard think about what you just stated there

Comment

Working...
      X