Steyr Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steyr Accuracy

Heres one for you, is it necessary to zero the steyrs battle sights?

i would assume its neither necessary or possible to adjust these as they are a permanent fixture of the sights casing?

if your on the range with no armourer around and your using a weapon thats either not zeroed for you personally, or woefully zeroed, you know what i mean, well would reverting to battle sights possibly be more accurate or at least a bit more reliable provided your aiming and handling the weapon correctly?:confused:
    Last edited by morpheus; 22 February 2006, 01:58.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

As an example if you are aiming for the bull but your shots are always hitting the top right section of the target, then aim for the bottom left of the target. Using this method you can eventually walk the bullets into the bull.

The only time I've ever used the EBS is during FIBUA, where you don't have time to take an aimed shot.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

no its the same as aiming off for wind if your not hitting the target observe the fall of shot and adjust accordingly , anyone should be capable of adjusting the sights
      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

here we go again...use the bloody search funch..christ I hate ARPs..it always brings out the brains of this place!"
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

You can't zero the EBS and they are woefully inaccurate. The optical sights are simple to adjust once you have a zeroing key, which shouldn't be too difficult to locate.
          Last edited by Groundhog; 22 February 2006, 14:09.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
            You can't zero the EBS and they are woefully inaccurate. The optical sights are simple to adjust once you have a zeroing key, which shouldn't be too difficult to locate.
            thats great if your tiffie shows up but on my last styer ARP he never showed up maybe PDF get issued a zeroing key we dont

thinking back i prob would have done better with the EBS
            The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
            They were wrong.

Comment

A small piece of sheet metal and the judicious application of a file will produce an ersatz sight key.

Comment

PDF Armours get issued a key.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
                  A small piece of sheet metal and the judicious application of a file will produce an ersatz sight key.
                  i can really see my Lt. loving to see a Gnr. try to zero his own styer with a homemade key are you trying to get me hung by the bollox?
                  The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
                  They were wrong.

Comment

I have seen a homemade key made from a hanger.... and it worked very well.
                    The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

This is dedicated to Groundhog, Hedgehog, Murf,Trellheim & Bravo 20.
                      Grit your teeth & smile .

I just found an interesting thread which refers to the key.

http://irishmilitaryonline.com/board...ead.php?t=5732

Comment

Originally posted by MOB87
                        thats great if your tiffie shows up but on my last styer ARP he never showed up maybe PDF get issued a zeroing key we dont
                        Everybody is supposed to be issued with his own Zeroing Key and there's a lesson on Zeroing the rifle.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
                          I've seen them made from pennies. A 5 cent coin should do it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua
                            This is dedicated to Groundhog, Hedgehog, Murf,Trellheim & Bravo 20.
                            Grit your teeth & smile .

I just found an interesting thread which refers to the key.

http://irishmilitaryonline.com/board...ead.php?t=5732

Excessive use of the sight key may lead to upper body over-development.
                            sigpic

Comment

I will suggest the lesson to my NCO's tonight.

After they ridicule me for failing my ARP's.

Incidentally i got the highest score in my platoon the last time we fired, this is the main reason for this post, i am NOT impressed with the weapon i used, it wasnt zeroed correctly and i couldnt see the fall of shot, the clay was damp in the bank behind the butts so there wasnt much of an impact spash to see.

As an example if you are aiming for the bull but your shots are always hitting the top right section of the target, then aim for the bottom left of the target. Using this method you can eventually walk the bullets into the bull.
                              Ok, im willing to accept some of the blame as the more i missed the angrier i got and the quicker i squeezed off shots. But if i could find out who attempted to zero the weapon while i was on security, i would poke the eyes out. as for reporting my shots back, the guys on my target were muck, obviously my shots were going somewhere, but they were too busy with their tea and crumpets to report it back correctly...

Ive never heard of an RDF unit being trained to zero their weapons, maybe i was missing that night? but surely this is a vital part of ANY training involving a weapon, imagine battlefield situation, 3 star and cant zero a weapon....

"ask the enemy to hang on till we get an armourer up here to zero my rifle, and ask them to be so kind as to not shoot him while hes here."
                              Last edited by morpheus; 23 February 2006, 12:09.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X