PDF/RDF co-operation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedgehog
    if the RDF are happy to do weekeend well i would be happy to let them take my weekend
    I heard this a lot from PDF personnel when I was in the FCA, and I knew of plenty of FCA heads who would have been glad of the cash a weekend duty would have brought. I am still amazed to this day that none of the brass in the Brugha copped on to this.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Word of mouth
      Foot in mouth more like

You cant make a broad statement like that without justifying your figures

Do what i do in situations where i am caught out like that and invent people not figures
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I am still amazed to this day that none of the brass in the Brugha copped on to this.
        Mate they couldnt give 2 shites who do the duty as long as its done-

people always make the mistake and think the powers actually care for us or give a damn about our home and family life

Comment

Originally posted by AATWT
          Word of mouth.
          You mean gossip.
          As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

No Times, Dates, Locations please.
            Thats opperational info mate and cannot be shared openly on the board
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Opps....there is egg on my face....I do apologise!!

Comment

Originally posted by Llorrac
                Damn right... Last year on the PSO a PDF corporal came up to me the night before the exercise with a sack of smoke grenades. He said they was sick of carrying them so I gladly relieved him of them
                Same exercise, During the ambush drills, One of them asked me had we much ammo. I said about a mag each. He went off ****ing and blinding and came back with half a box just for my section. My 2 i/c was seriously pissed off when i handed them to him and said deal them out. I have found that pdf corporals and privates are harder to work with but officers and senior nco's are a dream. Really co-operative.
                Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

That sounds class!!! I was on a course that had a PDF instructor at one stage, and he got our officers to lift the limit on ammo!!!We got whatever we needed and more

Comment

But officers and the senior nco's have to be seen as working hand in hand with them.
                    We discussed this before.
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

But officers and the senior nco's have to be seen as working hand in hand with them.
                      Thats a crap statement that you just blew out of your arse- Officers NCO's and Privates dont have to be seen to be working hand in hand with the reserve- the majority of us in the PDF recognise the value of a properly structured reserve- we dont have to be seen to do anything

NO one ever ordered us- we work hand in hand because its whats best for the Army-

Now unlike you I cannot speak for the Army as a whole my rantings come from my fellow NCO's - in conversations and in actions- so mate

Dont bother your bollxo giving an opinion for me

The less ammo the less cleaning of weapons
                      Your one lazy git
                      the less ammo you use the less practice you had- the less practice you had the more your life and your comrades life may be in danger

Even the dirtiest steyr in the history of dirty steyrs would take no more than an hour to clean

I always found cleaning weapons a really relaxing thing to do

so lazy boy get your finger out of your hole and get working

Comment

There are a hell of a lot of incorrect facts on this page. [ Except Hedgie's last post ] That ammo thing is muck.
                        Last edited by trellheim; 2 May 2006, 10:37.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

There is an agenda.

We had a member called Bucket / Muinteoir who posted hot and heavy and was noticed.

He disappeared?

Another arrived, more subtle.

Same agenda.

Comment

Less ammo, less cleaning....... yeah right!
                            You would think we joined the reserve yesterday.....
                            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hedgehog, it seems you don't like me, but could you stop nit picking my posts and try to be a bit nicer?
                              Boo Hoo

Seriously - I actually like you-

you feed me some great stuff to react to

Are you sure your not Dublin Mick
                              and 300 rounds 3 rounds or 3,000 rounds or no rounds at all you should always be cleaning your weapon

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
                                and 300 rounds 3 rounds or 3,000 rounds or no rounds at all you should always be cleaning your weapon
                                Agreed... in the RDF as in the PDF One is informed that one is supposed to clean it before firing and after firing...
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X