Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF/RDF co-operation.

qw
    Last edited by AATWT; 17 September 2006, 22:57.

Anytime I've been on PSO or security for PDF courses, it never stops to amaze me that the we both f**k up out on the ground in the same way over the same things, be it contact drills or patrols and that some PDF units standards arent much different than ours. It's also educational in the way most of the PDF officers that have been our OO's while on security have given some lectures on equipment that we wouldn't even hope to see let alone get to use (LUCIE-SOPHIE).

In the majority of interactment that i've witnessed and expierenced, the PDF senior NCO's and Officers look at RDF units much more favourably and are more willing to teach and bestow constructive advice than the Junior NCO's and trained men. Not in all cases but very much so in the majority. Maybe it's because a lot of Officers were once in the Reserves as a precursur to getting into the Cadets, and know that the enthusiasim and commitment is very much to the fore in RDF personnel.
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Normally stuff like sophie is marked with tags "not for issue to FCA baggers" but most of the PDF lads are sound and we can all get along once everyone knows that when we are off duty nobody has a right to order another man/woman to do anything.
      The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
      They were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AATWT
        What do you enjoy about PDF/RDF co-operation, especially on exercise's?

Almost getting hit by a parachute flare as it was coming down(I don't care what anybody says they were aiming at me)
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by MOB87
          Normally stuff like sophie is marked with tags "not for issue to FCA baggers"
          Has it occured to you that most of that kit is actually being used operationally by the PDF? Is it not logical to issue such kit to the troops who might need need overseas instead of keeping it here for reservists to play with?
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU
            In the majority of interactment that i've witnessed and expierenced, the PDF senior NCO's and Officers look at RDF units much more favourably and are more willing to teach and bestow constructive advice than the Junior NCO's and trained men. Not in all cases but very much so in the majority. .
            That's because most of the senior NCO's and Officers will have to be nice to RDF troops with the new integration.

From talking to PDF privates, when they were in recruit training, RDF/FCA members were the lowest of the low and the NCO's were not afraid to make sure their opinion got across. The best must have been when one recruit started slagging off a RDF plt in the Brugha yet the recruit was only in the PDF 2 months and had no prior experience of the FCA/RDF.

So, if the PDF wish to teach it's ranks about the importance of the PDF/RDF the best place to start is with recruits and make sure it's training NCO's aren't using their bagger powerpoint presentation.
            Last edited by The_Equalizer; 8 March 2006, 12:23.
            As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer
              That's because most of the senior NCO's and Officers will have to be nice to RDF troops with the new integration.
              Not always the case. Before the re- org and while on a PSO, if you pulled your weight and did what had to be done, any questions you asked PDF personnel, you were answered fairly and constructivley. If you bitched and moaned and had other people dragging your ass you got shut up pretty feckin quickly. No "we have to be nice to them because we were told to be".
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Hi all
                Given the abysmally low personal standards of some PDF personnel I've met in my time, a decent bunch of RDF might be useful about the place. Certainly, they'll be enthusiastic, on time and willing to work hard and not be full-time cynics.Speaking as a gold-medal cynic myself, if a bagger replaces a heel-dragging, whinging timewaster, that's alright by me. The job would get done with the minimum of fuss.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

My first real interaction with any PDF personnel was on the PSO last year, all of them seemed really eager to help us out and show us what we were doing wrong and show us the right way to do things. They were enthusiastic about helping us, came as a surprise from what i'd heard in the past.

Doing security eswell they were really nice and seemed quite happy to have you around, seeing as you were giving them a break i suppose.
                  What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                  Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

In all honesty no real prblems with PDF a few toss pots all right but thats the same with FCA as well.
                    Example did security in barracks during mayday last year as the regs were getting caught too often most of them were happy out to see us arriving as they actually had a few days off.
                    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Had mostly good experiences with pdf but got a few smart remarks from a recruit platoon when on camp last year. 2 of them were from my unit originally.
                      Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                      but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                      body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
                      WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

best thing about the PDF is the amount of pyro they bring 4 exercises:tri:
                        The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

Yea especially when they hand half of it over 2 the RDF
                          What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                          Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer
                            I found that senior PDF NCO's were very co-operative long before the re-org was mentioned. I reckon it has more to do with their position within the organisation - a private or junior NCO may see little personal benefit in co-operating with reservists, but a senior NCO or officer has a wider view & may see the long-term benefits of doing so.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                              a private or junior NCO may see little personal benefit in co-operating with reservists, but a senior NCO or officer has a wider view & may see the long-term benefits of doing so.
                              Point reiterated.:wink:
                              As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Working...
                              X