Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Morale Low in the RDF since the reorg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Driver
    replied
    In all honesty, there hasn't been much tangible change as yet in my unit either. I live in hope. We have been slated to move to the same location as our sister unit, but as yet, it hasn't happened. A lot of foot shuffling on our side has ensured that any decent locations in the proposed move have been snapped up by those who were more on the ball...
    I know at least some of our unit will be kept very busy this year, at least.
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 11 March 2006, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

• Thorpe
    replied
    Your not imagining it Goldie , moral has been non existant in the company Im in since about a year to six months pre-reorg. I pulled out of my transfer to a corps unit as I knew my coy-commander would refuse the request since Im one of the few NCO's active in the company (Dairygold are requesting more & more time off me though).
    Just to see a training programme filled out for a month or two would be unique to see but to implament it thats jusy wishful thinking at the moment. The tales of courses is so true Ive seen dates of courses put in place and put my name forward for two of these only now to here that they are cancelled.
    Im working 48 to 72 hours a week and have a girl friend, whome I love very much, I really dont see myself giving as much time as before to the reserve since alot of what was promised to keep my interest and the interest of my friends up is now falling by the way side (training recruits for 2 weeks in deep west cork is not my way of having fun in the summer)

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    started a poll Is Morale Low in the RDF since the reorg?

Is Morale Low in the RDF since the reorg?

Yes, Lower than it has ever been,
    37.78%
    No, Things couldn't be better
    12.22%
    Maybe, but its a transition period and things will improve..
    50.00%
    Since last october, speaking to my former colleagues in Infantry units, I get the impression that nothing has happened since the Reorg.
    Traditional unit identities are gone, sometimes with the centres where they were located,
    Training programs are non existent, apart from practicing for easter,
    Those who try to transfer to a corps unit(where all the fun seems to be had) are having their requests delayed by unexplained forces.

Maybe its just something I have noticed within my own circle of friends, or is it a countrywide phenomenon?

The only units I see who are active are the Corps units and the Naval reserve.

Every other unit is suffering from dwindling numbers, while one local centre, previously a company HQ, has lost its phone, and another sits in the way of a major housing development, and is widely rumoured to be destined for a meeting with a bulldozer.
    The Continued non attendance of its disillusioned post reorg members are accelerating this future.

Many see nothing but empty promises coming from brass since the reorg, with tales of courses and overseas all due to commence "soon", while those who see through the promises decide their spare time can be better spent elsewhere and drift away from the RDF to other more tangible things.

Or am I Imagining it?
Working...
X