Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For your viewing pleasure, I shall now model the ACU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For your viewing pleasure, I shall now model the ACU.

The photos that are still going around of the ACUs, which looked absolutely hideous, are a little out of date. I have recently acquired a set, which are photographed below.

Whilst they certainly take a bit of 'getting used to' they actually aren't all that ugly. The camo patches I put on top of the velcro in the second photo are not currently authorised, though they probably will be as they're pretty sensible.

NTM
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

What was wrong with your old one?

Comment

Suits you sir...........

I'd theorise that ACUs are an attempt to make working camo that is also so incredibly hideous looking that no civvie would wear it, and soldiers won't wear it unless absolutely necessary. I can't see it attracting the ladies tbh.

Nice tan tanker boots btw.

Comment

At least you`ve got a cammo suit, ours are being withdrawn and we`re going back to the olive green uniform Wooly pully, shirt and lightweights.

Combat 95 will be issued for deployments only

Comment

whats the reasoning behind that Rod?
          An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne
            whats the reasoning behind that Rod?
            To be honest I have no idea, I have asked a number of people in authority and they dont seem to know either. A few( aprox 5) years back there was a big rush to get everyone into combat 95 uniform and now thay have done an about turn and are going back to olive green. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent
              At least you`ve got a cammo suit, ours are being withdrawn and we`re going back to the olive green uniform Wooly pully, shirt and lightweights.

Combat 95 will be issued for deployments only
              well come down here & join the RDF
              The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
              They were wrong.

Comment

your 95's will now be on a pool basis?
                Sucks.
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I was under the impression that soldier 95 would only be for field use, and the aforementioned lightweights, shirt KF and pully wooly (IE barrack dress) would be worn during the times where 95s used to be worn in barracks.

Makes a lot of sense, you save wear and tear on 95s (which are expensive compared to barrack dress), and the troops look that little bit jiltier.

Comment

Good god no. All that training/personal time wasted starching and ironing creases into the OG's. What a nightmare. Although with the recent shutting of some RDF training grounds, this sort of penny pinching will probably hit the RDF. Must re-evaluate why the hell I play soldiers if this carry on is going to hit us.
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Hope the lads in dublin don't start to follow suit!!!
                      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

It will probably just be a reserve thing.
                        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                          I was under the impression that soldier 95 would only be for field use, and the aforementioned lightweights, shirt KF and pully wooly (IE barrack dress) would be worn during the times where 95s used to be worn in barracks.

Makes a lot of sense, you save wear and tear on 95s (which are expensive compared to barrack dress), and the troops look that little bit jiltier.

Yes young Baz, that was the original idea, but top brass decided otherwise. We were issued with other combats (as well as OG) they were for use in the field, and to be honest with you they were better than the unifrom which replaced it.

This whole move (introduction of combat 95) started with regular units first then filtered down to TA units, now the withdrawel of uniform will start in TA units first and move to regular units.

Personally I have no problem with OG I quite liked it and it looked the part but if you are used to the camo suit then you`ll find it a bit strange going back to OG. I also thing it a retrograde step too because, it suggests that comat 95 was`nt up to the mark ie quality and standard wise.

Comment

There was a time the reserve was issued one uniform and that was No1s (no matter what you were doing - if you wanted combats you had to buy them), that wasn't twenty years ago either.

Comment

if you wanted combats you had to buy them)
                              Cough Cough
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                              X