Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you getting the correct issue of Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dazzler
    replied
    So a few more questions regarding SoI.

Are Bags still issued? Specifically
    Bag Clothing, No. 32B.
    Is this the Green Bag with Dark green handles and the DF logo on the Side?

And Are No. 1's still issued?
    I dont really want them too much but I have been told by an Idiot of a brown-noser in my Unit that they are not issued anymore.

Leave a comment:

• the gunner
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    How have you been issued kit on FWT when by your own admission you, for example, never wear your jumpers!
    Dev to be honest i had 1 intention here and thats was to stir it up,, ya i have a load of gear but not to what i wrote here and my 245b will prove it if checked,,, haha to be honest im surprised at the volume of replies to it,,, jaysus some lads get mad into it altogether,, theres one or two lads who sent messages would be better of making up a class for there recruits rather than bitchin online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! surprised at the power of IMO!!!!!! I will say 1 thing,,lads giving out bout no kit available need to lift there heads outta the clouds,, as you know its there,, its a matter of filling out forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dazzler
    replied
    Gunner if you are from Cork I think I know who you are!!! But I am not sure!!! What ever since you are nearing the End, I am one of the Most Active from Cork.

I am nearing my 6 weeks already, From going to Glen with PDF and other things.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    How have you been issued kit on FWT when by your own admission you, for example, never wear your jumpers!

Leave a comment:

• the gunner
    replied
    Originally posted by the gunner View Post
    my unit had problems with everything in the kit line,, easily solved remove the Q.
    I joined in april 03 to date iv been issued
    2x No.1 unifroms with rank insignia and tie, lanyard
    2x 24b Barrack boots
    1x Haix safety boot
    1x Magnum Amazon lightweight operation boot
    3x DPM combat trousers
    3x DPM Combat Smocks
    6x DPM shirts (1 new issue the rest first issue to DF big collar with no tricolor)
    5x winter socks
    5x summer socks
    10x T shirts
    2x berets
    2x Kit Bags
    1x Field dressing
    1 set of name tags (after 4years and 1 week)
    1x Norweign Shirt
    2x Wool Jumpers (which i never ever wore)
    Acquired alot more on my own back in all
    iv 10 shirts 5smocks 2 norweigns blah blah,

if your having shortages in kit its a simple as this,, somebody is not fulfilling there duty to there troops. no other excuse
    gone for more kit in the next 2 weeks
    new SD1 Shoe.
    i have personnelly given shirts and t shirts to people in other units cause they have not got a thing. it ridiculous
    ah lads come on now,,be nice,, firstly i do like my gear, secondly i have been more active than any1 else in my unit between the course and shoots in the glen so i would use a fair bit of it ya,,, secondly FAIR Wear and Tair is available to all,,iv shredded more pants and got tears in my smocks like every1 else but i just put in for Fair wear and tair as your supposed to do in this mans army,, thirdly i said i was issued it didnt say i had it,, iv given more gear away its unreal,,comin to the end of my service now and i will gladly give it to some needy gunner or to a recruit.
    there is alot of be grudgery bout kit in the rdf,, it's there to get so get it,
    and im actually originally a gunner in 1977 but as alot of the old sweats will know you go to where the wife lives!!!! bob the builder and haix boots shouldn't be easy to figure out!!

Leave a comment:

• Headzilla
    replied
    Well the point i was trying to make is that you shouldn thave to pester the boll*x off someone to get allocation of a second set of trousers, its not right when someone has 5 smocks, ten trousers etc in comparison to someone with only one set, this should be addressed.

Havoc like i said the challenge is open - to day or night shoot just to make things a little bit easier for you!

Leave a comment:

• HavocIRL
    replied
    Originally posted by Headzilla View Post
    My apologies Havoc the headburst is currently a DF record, i invite you to take on the challenge!
    Guess who's on a SF course?

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    replied
    Right, this is no remark on all CQs in the RDF, and not in relation to any PDF CQs. It is specifically in relation to SOME RDF CQs.

If they are in a desk job, they are there for a reason. Normally, they're happy to sit down. This means that you wanting kit does not make them happy. If there are lots of people looking for kit, this suits them fine as they can only deal with so many at a time and if you go looking for stuff, the number of other people looking for stuff will be used as an excuse. If there are not that many people looking for stuff, this may also be used as an excuse. "Oh well... going into stores just for one person??? Wait til the next bunch of recruits are being dressed, I'll sort you out then". You will promptly be forgotten about.

If you pester enough, the CQ will be making his life EASY by getting you the kit. That's the level of pestering sometimes required. Where your pestering is making life more annoying and uncomfortable than getting you the kit would.

Leave a comment:

• Headzilla
    replied
    Wow lads thanks for that insight, civvies eh sounds a bit too gucci for me.

Johnny il get on that and come back to you when iv hopefully gotten my hands on it, one thing is that all CQ's dont work the same, we never had 50 people looking for kit, we were lucky if we had 50 on the books,

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    replied
    there's only so many times you can push it when your a new fish so to speak! Now im definitely in a position to pester, maybe i should get onto the fella with the 5 smocks to donate me some of his gear!
    Wrong. I've been in my coy 2 and a half years now and I have everything I'm due on the scale of issue, including number ones. Your CQ will have about 50 other people looking for kit, whether they need it or not. It's up to you to make sure your CQ knows that you are genuinely kit deficient. If you press hard enough, your name and what you need will eventually stick in his head. In fact, if you keep pressing, he may just look at your clothing form and go "Oh good god, this person has almost no kit" and go into stores and get you some.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Notice on personal admin list where it says "spare(insert clothing item here)"...It doesnt specify that it has to be uniform.....

Leave a comment:

• Headzilla
    replied
    My apologies Havoc the headburst is currently a DF record, i invite you to take on the challenge!
    Ye your right Johhny i was down every week but there's only so many times you can push it when your a new fish so to speak! Now im definitely in a position to pester, maybe i should get onto the fella with the 5 smocks to donate me some of his gear!

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    replied
    If you're a regular parader and you're that short of kit it's your own fault for not pushing hard enough. Your CQ is neither your mother/babysitter. Go learn how to pester.

Leave a comment:

• HavocIRL
    replied
    Lowest common denominator always the same with you! To put it simply i once came off an exercise having been chest deep in water and had nothing to change into! That isnt right in my books!
    I was talking about the head burst and how I'm gonna break the record soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Headzilla
    replied
    Lowest common denominator always the same with you! To put it simply i once came off an exercise having been chest deep in water and had nothing to change into! That isnt right in my books!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X