Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you getting the correct issue of Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what I was saying. According to the scale of issue printed on RDFRA the white lanyard is now to be issued after 18 months service

It also mentions black leather gloves. Would these be for tactics or are they worn with the no.1's?
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

The only RDF personnel who get issued lanyards are the MPs (red) and Artillery (white). They are only issued to personnel of these corps.

The black leather gloves are worn with SD No1s.

Comment

There is supposed to be a bde lanyard gonna be issued to all units bar p.as.Unit lanyards are gonna be phased out.
        Bam bam ,the barrack boot light operational is the magnum boot>It is replacing the 24bs which are going off the issue.Good guess on the new ceremonial boot
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Been in the service for 2 years issued safety boots (leaking in water) 2 shirts (good condition) 2 Pants (one covered in paint) norweigian fleece, combat pants/boots and jacket, number 1's and rank markings.

Since then ive bought unoffical gear such as royal navy shirts and I bought a pair of safety boots online. The stores never have what you want.

Comment

If anyone is having problems getting things they are entitled to on the new scale of issue. You can quote "Logs Admin Instruction 02/06" - that says what you are entitled to. That is the scale of issue as seen on rdfra.ie (note is slightly different from the one in the newsletter, the one on the website is correct).

Comment

will we ever get issued propper webbing. we got issued 58 even though everyone has their own gear...they say we have to look the same
              Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Was checking the scale of issue at:

http://www.rdfra.ie/Misc/scale.shtml#AR

... seeing as we are going into that time of the year again.
                I noted that there is no mention of the woolly jumper of old - presume this is being
                removed from the scale of issue to the Army Reserve.

This is what I'm referring to, for the rookies....

What then, do troops wearing DPM, wear in cold weather?
                I'm thinking about the newer members of the RDF, who may not have been
                issued with same along with their DPM's.

There is no provision for the issue of the fleece liner in lieu of the jumper.
                And before anyone mentions it, the Norgie is not for wear in barracks.

At least that's my understanding. Would not be practical to be togging off the
                DPM shirt when indoors, to remove the Norgie, only to have to go in reverse,
                when going out in cold weather again.

Anyone know the answer to this one?
                Truck Driver
                Captain
                Last edited by Truck Driver; 10 October 2006, 02:30.
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Until the Military Authorities cop on and put the fleece on the scale of issue (among other things) then the norgie is the only option
                  It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

You wear your smock! Their is talk that both the fleece and norgie are gonna be replaced by one type of fleece top.Possibly made by lowe alpine.The woolie jumper is rarely worn these days except by those employed in offices.
                    (p.s got that kit titbit of info from the chief purchasing officer himself!)
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

who says you can't wear a norgie in barracks? i have since i was issued,it's worn under your shirt with the sleeves rolled down and hey it's the army when did anything make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

The dress regs posted by dcos (sp ) back in 2000.

Comment

the wooly pully was issued for a while instead of norgies but AFAIK it has been withdrawn from issue but not from service.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

my understanding was that the norgie was not to be worn over a shirt or under a jumper and i have yet to be repramanded by a sgt major ( pdf or rdf) but i did get pulled for wearing the fleece in the mess over my shirt
                            :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

The norwegian and the fleece can be worn in bks, but not as outer layers. Your top layer must always be DPM.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't connect show an RDF soldier modelling the jumper over the DPM shirt for cold weather ( he was modelling the smock in another pic). What are the standing orders on this?
                                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                                X