Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you getting the correct issue of Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We recently got a new cadre Q so I don't know what he is like.

We also have a new RDF Q. We know that he is a tit!! However long before he became Q he has been looking after organising kit for people. Maybe he gets it because they all know he would have no problem making a seen all the way up to the ministers office.

I agree with most of what GTTC says but if you don't parade no one notices. You must turn up when ever and where ever possible and let the right people know what sh!te you are expected to wear.

As you said before Zulu there is only one way to do things and thats the army way. If you still arn't getting notice keep going up the chain of comand until you are!!
    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• I suppose the parading in rags wouldn't be a bad idea, bar the embarrassment!
      Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

• It should also be an embarrasment to the people that put in the situation.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
          I am amazed at that. You said you were int. The first thing that happened with our int guys was complete kit out including new T-shirts!!

Also don't you get a T-shirt before camp each year?
          Integrated Troops are not supposed to get a brand new issue of gear - they should already have it, they are only supposed to be issued extra items not normally issued to Reservists.

In saying that, the PDF took one look at the Integrated Platoon in Limerick and realised they would have to issue basic items as there was a wide variety of problems with their kit. Most Reservists are SUPPOSED to have Magnum boots and Haix was to be issued to Integrated. Only 1 or 2 actually had Magnums requiring issue to everyone else.

There was no real problem getting kit. A few size problems that needed to be worked out etc. There was shock amongst the PDF when they heard that noone had been issued socks in years. Seemingly you are supposed to get 3 pairs every 4 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
            Integrated Troops are not supposed to get a brand new issue of gear - they should already have it, they are only supposed to be issued extra items not normally issued to Reservists.
            I will clarify

The got all ethe extra kit plus any thing that was due.

Why would they all have brand new gear. If I remember correctly the shortest service of any of the lads is 6 years.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
              Why would they all have brand new gear.
              Sorry, what I meant was that the gear that they have should be serviceable

A lot of people have badly faded uniforms, Type 24Bs, torn Berets etc.

Comment

• Ah yeah we are at cross purposes.

So I will clarify what I was saying.

Zulu said he is still wearing old gear. He is integrated.

From what our lads were saying the first day the turned up the were checked by the Q. Faded torn and worn gear was replaced. Any thing that was due was issued. It was the first time that they experienced a "you are supposed to have it, well here it is attitude".

We are lucky in that our Q is not as bad as some in geting kit but a lot of his time is spent on getting stuff for recruits. There is only so much a man can do. Sometimes lads get left behind.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Mmmm, strange reading about people who have been in so long with so little gear. I've been in since December, got issued everythiing I was supposed to the day before a 24-hour exercise(I was in loaners from my own unit back then, which I still have...) and have managed to get my hand son various bits and bobs since then. At the mo' I have-
                  -Two pairs of boots. Magnums for parade and my own ones for tactical wear.
                  -Three Smocks
                  -5 Shirts
                  -5 Pants
                  -5 T-Shirts
                  -1 Beret

I acquired all those t-shirts myself though, wasn't issued any...

Comment

• Yes, but when will you get anything again...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• We have found that not getting gear comes down to one of 4 things
                      1 - your Q can't be arsed :
                      >> solution: go to the CO
                      2 - When youget to the stores they won't deal with you. (there are a variety of reasons):
                      >> solution: go to the CO
                      3 - You can not be there at the pre arranged time.
                      >> solution: Get your act together.
                      4 - The gear just aint there or what is ther is designated to the PDF
                      >> solution: well there isn't really one. Lots of different approached have been tried but basically the stores can't give what they don't have.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Inn fairness the best way to get issued kit when its needed is by applying to do Ceremonial/Masses/Public Displays or Courses, and if your kit is worn or damaged you'd be detailed to get it replaced. The good Q will have to sort you out
                        What Flies, Dies

Comment

• Originally posted by TwoTone View Post
                          applying to do Ceremonial/Masses/Public Displays or Courses,
                          What about when you have been trying to get a complete set of No1s for people to do Easter Parade & PNCOs courses for 2 years??

None in stock!

Comment

• Listen to this for one.

While training in barracks we found over 10 bags of "rag order" clothing being thrown. With a stalk ex coming up I decided to raid it for skrim.

Among the ripped up OD combats, old overseas shirts ripped etc, I pulled out:

9 x DPM combats

7 x DPM Shirts

2 x No1 Overcoats,

8 x No1 Shirts

4 x No1 Tunics

4 x No1 Belts

Artic Sleeping bag

All the above were in perfect condition. Not a stitch out of place. Some had a bit of dirt on them that has washed off.

Whats the story? Are people getting to throw out gear just cause its dirty these days?

And mean time, we couldn't even get replacement clothing for ripped items on tactical training.
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• There are a couple of solutions that I can think of
                              The various clothing could be stuff that the previous occupants grew out of and as re-issue is not permitted where else but the bin.
                              Another, less likely sinario but incledes the sleeping bag, is that there was a scabies of other infestation in the billet and these are contaminated items.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                                Listen to this for one.

While training in barracks we found over 10 bags of "rag order" clothing being thrown. With a stalk ex coming up I decided to raid it for skrim.

Among the ripped up OD combats, old overseas shirts ripped etc, I pulled out:

9 x DPM combats

7 x DPM Shirts

2 x No1 Overcoats,

8 x No1 Shirts

4 x No1 Tunics

4 x No1 Belts

Artic Sleeping bag

All the above were in perfect condition. Not a stitch out of place. Some had a bit of dirt on them that has washed off.

Whats the story? Are people getting to throw out gear just cause its dirty these days?

And mean time, we couldn't even get replacement clothing for ripped items on tactical training.
                                There are a few reasons why apparently perfectly good kit is bound for the shredder. One is people going on discharge who are obliged to hand back their kit. I've known people to hand back kit still in the wrapper. On the other hand kit can be handed in for medical reasons. I've taken back stuff from people with scabies and even one with pubic lice. I hope this stuff didn't find it's way into a rag store by mistake.
                                sigpic
                                Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                                My favourite moment was when the
                                Originally posted by hedgehog
                                red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Working...
                                X