Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you getting the correct issue of Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOB87
    a Cpl. in the 65th Bn in our bks. I am fairly sure that he told me that he was issued meindels. as I said MOST LIKELY leightweight operational boots are parade boots, meaning that I do not know for certain I am only giving my opinion on what the name means
    Parade boots are described as Boots, 24B
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Well at least you got your gear issued to you brand new. I got my first issue all PW and always get a bollickin' about smock because it is so faded & my beret.
      Well then that's all you have to say on the matter:

"Sir, this smock was isssued to me PW".

If they persist, then suggest that the smock is handed back in as unserviceable, and get stores to issue a new one in its place. Then stand back and watch the stores people issue the PW item back out to someone else.
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

a Cpl. in the 65th Bn in our bks. I am fairly sure that he told me that he was issued meindels. as I said MOST LIKELY leightweight operational boots are parade boots, meaning that I do not know for certain I am only giving my opinion on what the name means
        Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, and they all stink. Feel free to express your opinion on threads about what the DF should have, but when talking about what you are entitled to be issued, badly researched posts based on things you sorta remember hearing about in the mess only serve to muddy the waters. Only post about what you have been issued personally, know for certain has been issued to others (IE you have seen the Q hand it to them), and keep posts on the designations of kit and scales of issue to fact only. You might think you are just expressing your opinion, but someone else might get it in their head that they're to be issued meindls (or personal issue DPM raingear, for instance), and start harping on about it to their Q.

In summary: Lets try to keep things in the realm of fact.

Comment

A PW item can only be issued as PW once then it is stored as a rag for a year (or 2 or 3) then burnt if not used to clean an the barrel aty piece ( I'm in the aty I don't know what else rags are used for, probably for cleaning other large bore weapons too).
          Last edited by MOB87; 29 April 2006, 16:39.
          The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
          They were wrong.

Comment

Some peopel and I mean some have been issued the ops boots. AFAIK if they do not have the 24B in your size you will be issued the ops boot instead. The girl who was issued them has size 5 feet or something like that so Im guessing it will be a while before anyone else see's new boots.
            Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
              Not that I need any of it any more..plus all the other kit I have aquire over the years...Car boot sale in murfs gaff..going cheap....will swap for alcohol
              I'll trade you 19 cans/bottles of grolcthe for something nice. I'll get tony to drop it over :wink:

Comment

In reply to the original question, NO!
                As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL
                  I got a new shirt, trouser, socks and t shirts after a year in the reserve.
                  Thats normal issue. Not replacement.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Lightwight operational boots = magnum amazon 6.
                    operational boots = haix combat boot .
                    operational boots protective = haix safety boot.

Here endeth the lesson.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

A Cpl. in the 65th Bn in our bks. I am fairly sure that he told me that he was issued meindels. as I said MOST LIKELY leightweight operational boots are parade boots, meaning that I do not know for certain I am only giving my opinion on what the name means.
                      If you're not certain then how can you say they are 'most likely' parade boots? Feel free to give your opinion, but don't try passing off hearsay as such. You'll only appear foolish, as you have done numerous times in the past.

I'm in the aty I don't know what else rags are used for, probably for cleaning other large bore weapons too.
                      There you go again...
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

My first issue was recruit 1998, Issued with OG compliment back in the day, the next issue was DPM compliment. 2 shirt, 2 Trousers, 1 smock, 1 Kit Bag, 2 T-shirts. Had to use jumper from original issue and boots too. Any other gear that I have has been lent from people leaving, bought, or by some intelligent RDF officer who took some initiative and raided the PDF Q's stores while he was away in LIb and dished what ever was there out. 3 bags of gear was sitting there for the previous year and was scheduled for return to main stores!
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

I have 3 years service and the only kit i have needed to replace has been the kit bag, which hasnt been done, and pants, which have been replaced with PW and new a number of times.

That said never been issued anything other than dpm's, boots, kit bag and 1 pair of socks. I think that the our Q looks after us, although stingy with the accessories, I have enough working dress.
                          Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Does anyone actually have a copy of the above scale of issue printed on some kind of official document? Cos I have a feeling that one from RDFRA will not be honoured.

Comment

I know I am in the Navy but you have to see the trouble we have trying to get kit. The stores only open long for the supplie guy to get stuff .For the most part if you go looking for it wont be there or there is a supply telling you your not entitled to it while he sits at his pc in new work dress and probably wearing a pair of Hiacs and if its raining hes got the new wet gear supposedly on issue to all of us till you go looking for it then you find you either have to be a behmoth or an anorexic to were it .They never have your size in .
                              "Let no mans ghost come back to say my training let him down"

Comment

Who do I complain to....been 3yrs since i was issued ANYTHING, even a bloody t shirt
                                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X