Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you getting the correct issue of Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    Sigh...

The EXACT Situation is governed by an Admin Instruction, DCOS SP Logs Admin Instr LIII

Table VIII of this long document says you can have SD#1 after 18 months. There has been NO amendment to this since its issue date 01 Sep 06 to my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    And Are No. 1's still issued?
    I dont really want them too much but I have been told by an Idiot of a brown-noser in my Unit that they are not issued anymore
    by the use of the word 'idiot' you summed up this guys knowledge. SD #1s are still on issue to all those entitled to them.

All you have to do is ask nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Master Of None
    C/S

• Master Of None
    replied
    Ah the subtle things that grease this mighty military machine!

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    Colonel

• johnny no stars
    replied
    ssshhhh

I didn't steal it

Nobody was using it either

I was told I could have it

just not officially

Leave a comment:

• Master Of None
    C/S

• Master Of None
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
    That's the worrying thing.. there was sweet F all in it. Mostly just clothes and wash gear. Actually... that's all there was...

ah well, acquired myself a better one
    The use of the word acquired, as always, suggests a less than legitimate sourcing!

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    Colonel

• johnny no stars
    replied
    Originally posted by kermit
    You don't need to bring the kitchen sink on an overnight...
    That's the worrying thing.. there was sweet F all in it. Mostly just clothes and wash gear. Actually... that's all there was...

ah well, acquired myself a better one

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    There is a new kit bag (not the duffel type bag), think it was first issued to some of our guys a year or 2 ago. It is a back pack type bag with a couple of small outside pockets and a big yellow DF badge.
    Universally known as a "schoolbag", since it's large size means that no matter how massive the person you put it on, from a distance they look like an 8 year old struggling under the weight of a normal sized schoolbag.

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    my sausage bag is still going happy after 9 years lord knows what eejit sources these the last few times.

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    Colonel

• johnny no stars
    replied
    Eh, I used my stupid looking school bag twice and the straps started tearing off at the top....

Leave a comment:

• HavocIRL
    Viking

• HavocIRL
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    There is a new kit bag (not the duffel type bag), think it was first issued to some of our guys a year or 2 ago. It is a back pack type bag with a couple of small outside pockets and a big yellow DF badge.
    They're good quality but look shite. Wish I hung onto the sausage bag I got in the reserve.

Leave a comment:

• johnny no stars
    Colonel

• johnny no stars
    replied
    Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
    Dazzler was recently in store's with a few recruits and they were issued the new kit bag,,, its like a travel case,, a trolly dolly's bag!!! dunnes stores have a luggage bag very similiar without the FF cap badge is all!!!!

Bollox SD1 is availbale to all with 18 months service with the new boot to,, PM and il tell ya more!!!
    would they be the schoolbags or is there yet another new type?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dazzler
    replied
    and as usual the Operative word is Should.

Thanks for the quick answer Barry.

Leave a comment:

• riflemangundy
    Duplicate Accounts

• riflemangundy
    replied
    kit bag

Dazzler was recently in store's with a few recruits and they were issued the new kit bag,,, its like a travel case,, a trolly dolly's bag!!! dunnes stores have a luggage bag very similiar without the FF cap badge is all!!!!

Bollox SD1 is availbale to all with 18 months service with the new boot to,, PM and il tell ya more!!!

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    Yes, kitbags and No1s are still issued. Everyone SHOULD get a kitbag on enlistment, and No1s after 18 months service.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X