Slaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaves

Martin Hamilton, 20, from Swords also wanted to join the army when he was young, but found it was not what he expected. “I’m getting out of here. You’re treated like slaves. My head is wrecked taking orders,” he said. “They treat you like shite, man. Fair enough taking orders, but give us a break.”
    My head is wrecked taking orders- Pte Hamiliton put down suppressive fire on that position so we can go up the flank and take it out

Ah Jaysus man me head is wrecked from taking orders- can you not give us a break- your treating me me like shoite man-

Among those who left was Kevin Lappin, 20, from Armagh, who had wanted to be in the army since he “was little” and joined as soon as he could.
    Yes he wanted to be a soldier ever since he was a kid in Armagh- he wanted it to so much that he even travelled down south- but he didnt want it enough to let a nasty man tell him to get down fucikng here

one in three recruits in the featured platoon dropped out, with several complaining of poor treatment.
    Ahh poor likkle things did the nasty sawrgent not kiss you good night-

Of the 40 who enlisted in the 75th recruit platoon in Gormanstown, only 27 completed.
    Fair play to that unit for implementing standards and driving the wasters out of the defence forces- it is impossible to get rid of some of the shite we get in- so the only option is to point out how uncomfortable Army life is

And just in case some of those pansies who couldnt hack it are reading this

You tried the Defence Forces and it was so tough you knew in your heart and soul you would never make it

May that spineless selfish home sick thought stck with you to your dying day- Let you long remember the fact that you were not good enough for my Army-

When your old and have a family and your kids ask you why your still working in mcdonalds remember to tell them the truth that you just were not good enough for the army

Please resist the temptation to try and justify your failure by the fact that some corporal said **** to you or made you clean a room

your failure is down to your severe absence of a spine

You make me sick
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

FFS what did they expect?
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

If you can't take a bollicking from a Cpl or "bad language" upsets you then don't join up.

Were these people in nusery school or a convent from birth until the day they walked through the barrack gate?

No loss to the DF whatever.

Comment

At least the Navy will be getting a few more recruits.
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

My Wife just pointed out

Maybe its the interview process that needs to be looked at-

Dont make me ever repeat this- but she may be right

We are getting a huge selection of the Countries clown population in as recruits

and we are getting some great recruits in- it really seems now that the interview is a formaility and the pt test is what decides who gets in and who doesnt

We can very very easily train anyone to do a few press ups and a run

but its extremely difficult to change the mind set of Michael Hamiliton who seems to be one of God's special little creatures- Bless him and his nasaly whinging give me everything the easy way soul

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
            My head is wrecked taking orders- Pte Hamiliton put down suppressive fire on that position so we can go up the flank and take it out

Ah Jaysus man me head is wrecked from taking orders- can you not give us a break- your treating me me like shoite man
            Some of my favourite whines from recruits applying for discharge

"The Corporal wouldn't leave me fall out for a fag."

"My mother made me join to straighten me out." (Well done Mom )

"I didn't know I'd have to stay here tonight, I've booked a taxi to take me home."

"I don't like taking orders."

"I just joined up for the school holidays to see what it's like."

27 out of 40 isn't bad, I think we knocked a platoon down to 15 in Clonmel once. Did the interviewers try and get positive comments from the 27 who passed out or was it just a knock the army exercise.
            sigpic
            Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

My concern would be that some spa with influence will see this as a failure in the system & will soften the training even further.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

some spa with influence will see this as a failure in the system & will soften the training even further.
                Hello my name is Jim Shreenan- Spa with influence

Comment

Hello my name is Jim Shreenan- Spa with influence

I knew him as "Screaming Jim", I hope he has'nt changed.
                  Last edited by B Inman; 30 April 2006, 16:16.

Comment

I knew him as "Screaming Jim", I hope he has'nt changed
                    defamation laws and laws of good taste prevent me from answering

Comment

Maybe its the interview process that needs to be looked at-

We are getting a huge selection of the Countries clown population in as recruits

and we are getting some great recruits in
                      but its extremely difficult to change the mind set of
                      We could do with an interview to get into the RDF too. Some RDF troops are a complete liability and should never be handed live ammunition.
                      The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
                      They were wrong.

Comment

Hopefully there will be some balance. The main 'spin' I got from reading the article was everyone said F*** a lot and they had to change the broadcast time of the program as a result.

"Those who completed the 16-week training said it was the best thing they ever did. Mark Lister, 20, from Bray was one of those who took to army life, although he had a hard job convincing his parents it was a good career choice. "

Comment

kinda related, is it df policy or just my unit thats decided not to call recruits as its seen as belittling them in front of other trained pers.cause if thats the case im objecting to being called a pte in front of nco's cause it makes me feel inadejuate
                          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Originally posted by sledger
                            Hopefully there will be some balance. The main 'spin' I got from reading the article was everyone said F*** a lot and they had to change the broadcast time of the program as a result.

"Those who completed the 16-week training said it was the best thing they ever did. Mark Lister, 20, from Bray was one of those who took to army life, although he had a hard job convincing his parents it was a good career choice. "
                            Broadcast?

Programme?

Is it on tv?

What?
                            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Oh sweet jesus what did they expect, its the army. Maybe they were looking to get some hugs and kisses.
                              Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Working...
                              X