Tac-Aide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tac-Aide

I need to put together a tac-aide. Anyone recomend a good wallet/holder?

Ths pdf one is pretty decent.
    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Go to a pund shop and get either a cheapy filo fax and used that as a cover

or

get a pocket foto album ( minus the pictures of laughing kids and windmills) and use that either

I have got rid of my cover ( NO you cannot have it ) and use instead a stiffened

laminated (3 times ) piece of lined paper
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Do the PDF use the issue ones (green hard back things) in the field or make up there own?

Comment

I have seen pdf cpl with us on pso last year using the tac aid with the issued cover.IUts a bit bulky though to go taking on the ground. I actually lost one that i borrowed before an sia. Didn't even know twos gone. Very bulky so i made up my own. Way better off in the long run.

Comment

We use the issue ones- but most times they are just an unweidly weight in your smock pocket

SO what some of us do is get rid of the unflexible cover and this stream lines the effect of the tac aide

On mine what i have done is group the material in a manner of which do i use most and whcih do i use least

get the book marker tabs in different colours to set up a tab index as well

Comment

You would think the Army would make these alterations them selfs, the thing is the size of the Steyr manaul ATM, hardly pocket and tacticaly friendly.

Comment

listen to the headgehog all you young soldiers. For he maketh good sense.
                Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
                Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

listen to the headgehog all you young soldiers. For he maketh good sense.
                  I worry when people say I make good sense

its something I am not used to

Comment

What I have done (havent actually been issued a tac aide) is print out the relevant bits (about 30 pages), & laminate them. Then I punched two holes in the top of the laminated plastic. Then I got the Protac notbook holder /tacaide holder and punched two holes in the top and inserted two small cable ties and added the relevant tac aide stuff. Bobs your uncle, works a treat.

The above way means theres no cardboard, or paper exposed to get soaked dust plastic which can be wiped dry.

Had tried the photo album thing in the past but the cardboard fell to bits after crawling in the river every day during the PNCO course.

Comment

Best I saw done was the tac aide printed on paper (A5 is notebook, right?) and them laminated. Easy to make and easy to replace if lost.
                      Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco
                        Best I saw done was the tac aide printed on paper (A5 is notebook, right?) and them laminated. Easy to make and easy to replace if lost.
                        We had a couple of them done up for the section commanders and the 2 i/c's on the pso last year. For each exercise we only brought the relevant ones. worked a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by happenin
                          We had a couple of them done up for the section commanders and the 2 i/c's on the pso last year. For each exercise we only brought the relevant ones. worked a treat.
                          Who did ya think I was one about happenin, I spooted ye with em last year and was highly impressed.
                          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

tac aides should be issue to all ncos in an ideal world , has anyone ever managed to get one what a cluster that you have to buy laminate your own, used to use a small wallet with the insides ripped out couple of holes punched add some para chord worked a threat for ages. recently brought a large green canvas wallet from aldi and did the same but its slightly larger and has a handy neck strap,
                            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Nice to see bodies using the old grey matter if it works ......it works. the photo album is handy....of course the ideal would be to get them printed on waterproof card and use a filofax system. I am always a bit wary of lamination.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X