X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    You could ask your Cadre Staff to go onto the Intranet and just print them out for you?

The only way we get issued them in my place is if we're going on a PNCO's Cse or else going on Selection. Once I found them on the Intranet I just printed off what I needed and laminated them.
    Thanks HA, I'll try getting them to do that...I'll bring cookies!

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
    Whats the process to get issued TAMS? Is it just beg cadre for a spare one or do I need to beg/borrow/steal and then copy it?
    You could ask your Cadre Staff to go onto the Intranet and just print them out for you?

The only way we get issued them in my place is if we're going on a PNCO's Cse or else going on Selection. Once I found them on the Intranet I just printed off what I needed and laminated them.

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    replied
    Whats the process to get issued TAMS? Is it just beg cadre for a spare one or do I need to beg/borrow/steal and then copy it?

Leave a comment:

• Wicklaman
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
    As part of our POTs cse we had to make up your own, used this website and got this

I assume you got a copy of the manual, print out the 20 pages in A5 format (AFAIK that is the size they should be anyway) that are most likely to be used and laminate them in A5 laminate pouches, put them into the folder and there you go, tac aides that'll fit in your pocket (smock pocket anyway...)
    You youngsters have it easy In *my* day you got an hour out of CB barracks to buy a policeman's notebook and something to laminate reduced photocopies of the TAMS into it.

(To be followed by several days of rolling around in the muck and water features of the Wicklow Mountains, of course)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tezza
    replied
    As part of our POTs cse we had to make up your own, used this website and got this

I assume you got a copy of the manual, print out the 20 pages in A5 format (AFAIK that is the size they should be anyway) that are most likely to be used and laminate them in A5 laminate pouches, put them into the folder and there you go, tac aides that'll fit in your pocket (smock pocket anyway...)

Leave a comment:

• mrbing
    replied
    i have the same one hedgehog posted there. it's a great copy of the issue one. fits nicely into smock pocket too and can throw in spare pages in back and ammo cas etc. handy piece of kit.

Leave a comment:

• midnight oil
    replied
    Originally posted by concussion View Post
    I've been using this for years http://www.protac.ie/store/index.php...ide-pouch.html
    Fits smock and trouser pockets, takes an A6 tacaide and has two pockets for notebook, loose sheets, pens, compass and the like.
    Back when I was a cadet thats what I used for keeping the old TAMs and a waterproof notebook. I kept the various other laminated cards such as orbats, ammocas etc etc in a small cardboard backed photoalbum. This album lasted me throughout the duration on my 21 month cadetship and lived in my smock pocket through EVERY exercise, nav, battle PT etc etc that I did throughout.

Now I use one of these instead of the photoalbum
    Irish Military Retailer and Manufacturer of high quality equipment to the Irish Defence Forces and Public since 1994.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Originally posted by Stealth Marine View Post
    Thanks for the link

but I am looking for a replacment cover simular to the issue cover(link below)

Simular to issue TAMs holder

I was thinking maybe using this folder (link below) as a replacement, what do people think????

RITR Folder
    Try this

The online shop you were looking for has been closed. Please contact customer support on 0333 004 0333.

It is the same as the issue one but without the DF marking

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Originally posted by Stealth Marine View Post
    Thanks for the link

I was thinking maybe using this folder (link below) as a replacement, what do people think????

RITR Folder
    You could try one of the BA issue TAMS holders available here.Our issue TAMS covers is almost identical.Probably because we copied it.Follow the link.Select navigation,then Notebooks ,scroll down to product code MAC647 TAMS Folder.
    Last edited by apod; 7 August 2011, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    replied
    I've been using this for years http://www.protac.ie/store/index.php...ide-pouch.html
    Fits smock and trouser pockets, takes an A6 tacaide and has two pockets for notebook, loose sheets, pens, compass and the like.

Leave a comment:

• Stealth Marine
    replied
    Thanks for the link

RITR Folder

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    http://www.lansdaleltd.com/prod.php/prod/TAMS

are a good place to try

In fact you can buy the tac aide cover and shite like that here
    There you go.

Leave a comment:

• Stealth Marine
    replied
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread from 2008, used seach

I have seen, but forgot to ask where it was bought, a Tac-Aide cover/holder thats not the greeen hard plastic. Can anyone have any idea where i could buy these type of TAMs holders

Leave a comment:

• Gripen
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin View Post
    I actually lost one that i borrowed before an sia. Didn't even know twos gone.
    Nice soldiering, hope you still had steyr + most of your ammo by the FAL.

Leave a comment:

• womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Reports and returns section of the tac-aide.
    was thinking therre would be something like that in the tac aide but I am not guaranteed to be able to get my hands on it in time, thanks though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X