replied
    Fair enough. Im not an NCO or an officer and I get one
    Oh well, as regards the waterproof paper try: http://www.hm-supplies.co.uk/
    They usually have that kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    Originally posted by Turncoat View Post
    And then keep youre tac-aide complee with issue cover in your webbing. Problem solved!
    Unless of course you're a RDF NCO or officer, in which case said laminated sheets are probably the closest thing you have to a tacaide

Leave a comment:

• Turncoat
    replied
    What we all do is have all the ones youre likely to need in a hurry (Contactrep, arty target indication etc) on laminated cardboard in your smock. And then keep youre tac-aide complee with issue cover in your webbing. Problem solved!

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    The online shop you were looking for has been closed. Please contact customer support on 0333 004 0333.

are a good place to try

In fact you can buy the tac aide cover and shite like that here

Leave a comment:

• cooley
    replied
    Filofax

The issued TAMs sayes you can get waterproof filofax paper. Anyone know, online or otherwise where you can buy this reasonably cheaply?

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Nice to see bodies using the old grey matter if it works ......it works. the photo album is handy....of course the ideal would be to get them printed on waterproof card and use a filofax system. I am always a bit wary of lamination.

Leave a comment:

• greyfox
    replied
    tac aides should be issue to all ncos in an ideal world , has anyone ever managed to get one what a cluster that you have to buy laminate your own, used to use a small wallet with the insides ripped out couple of holes punched add some para chord worked a threat for ages. recently brought a large green canvas wallet from aldi and did the same but its slightly larger and has a handy neck strap,

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin
    We had a couple of them done up for the section commanders and the 2 i/c's on the pso last year. For each exercise we only brought the relevant ones. worked a treat.
    Who did ya think I was one about happenin, I spooted ye with em last year and was highly impressed.

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    replied
    Originally posted by Bosco
    Best I saw done was the tac aide printed on paper (A5 is notebook, right?) and them laminated. Easy to make and easy to replace if lost.
    We had a couple of them done up for the section commanders and the 2 i/c's on the pso last year. For each exercise we only brought the relevant ones. worked a treat.

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Best I saw done was the tac aide printed on paper (A5 is notebook, right?) and them laminated. Easy to make and easy to replace if lost.

Leave a comment:

• bulldemboots!
    replied
    What I have done (havent actually been issued a tac aide) is print out the relevant bits (about 30 pages), & laminate them. Then I punched two holes in the top of the laminated plastic. Then I got the Protac notbook holder /tacaide holder and punched two holes in the top and inserted two small cable ties and added the relevant tac aide stuff. Bobs your uncle, works a treat.

The above way means theres no cardboard, or paper exposed to get soaked dust plastic which can be wiped dry.

Had tried the photo album thing in the past but the cardboard fell to bits after crawling in the river every day during the PNCO course.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    listen to the headgehog all you young soldiers. For he maketh good sense.
    I worry when people say I make good sense

its something I am not used to

Leave a comment:

• herr flick
    replied
    listen to the headgehog all you young soldiers. For he maketh good sense.

Leave a comment:

• Muzzle
    replied
    You would think the Army would make these alterations them selfs, the thing is the size of the Steyr manaul ATM, hardly pocket and tacticaly friendly.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    We use the issue ones- but most times they are just an unweidly weight in your smock pocket

SO what some of us do is get rid of the unflexible cover and this stream lines the effect of the tac aide

On mine what i have done is group the material in a manner of which do i use most and whcih do i use least

get the book marker tabs in different colours to set up a tab index as well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X