X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them
    Less capable women. Thats the issue.
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Viking

just about sums up the argument, cheers for the clarity mate, couldn't have put it better myself
      OH YES BOYS.....I'M BACK AND I'M PACKING

Comment

Originally posted by happenin
        They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them. Next thing you know, women will be getting best pot(shock horror) Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.
        Fair enough and point taken ,BUT, the vicious circle in the rdf results in a lack of interest the following year, resulting in less attendance, resulting in one not being fairly deserved of the course 12 months on, and then where are you when it's other people's "turn"

Comment

Originally posted by Llorrac
          So.... this is the Army version of equality..... Promote the Women!??!

Com'on lads we've to fight back
          how and why would we bother, brick wall mate, brick wall, #1 fsg and cmdt's personal driver doesn't seem so bad tho

Comment

Originally posted by dclimk
            how and why would we bother, brick wall mate, brick wall, #1 fsg and cmdt's personal driver doesn't seem so bad tho
            Now all ya have to do is work on getting a '154
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
              Now all ya have to do is work on getting a '154
              on the way mate, the army surely will screen that allocation

Comment

They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them. Next thing you know, women will be getting best pot(shock horror) Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.

I heard of people who threatened to resign because they didn't get the Standard NCO course....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Maybe I'm looking at it from the other end of the spectrum but me and few of my compatriots where asked the opposite by our superiors..as in why we had not applied for the course. Our answer was that there was alot more things we wanted to get under our belts before we took on the responsibility and got busted down to teaching recruits how to tie their laces. In my opinion there are alot more opportunities available to a private nowadays than an NCO. Well this rings true to my neck of the woods anyway but as always I'm sure this is different for every board member.
                  "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

I have missed out on many interesting and useful courses because, as duffman put it, I was teaching recruits how to tie their laces.
                    Its difficult being a Sergeant on a support weapons course or similar. Everyone assumes you are an instructor.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                      I was teaching recruits how to tie their laces.
                      deadly jus deadly
                      dats da shot!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cruise
                        deadly jus deadly
                        Someone has to do it, horse...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Viking
                          Says who? obviously if they were nominated for the thing in the first place then someone in their unit thinks they're up to the job.
                          Originally posted by Goldie fish
                          I heard of people who threatened to resign because they didn't get the Standard NCO course....
                          i presume your talking about me. There would be no point mentioning it otherwise. I never threatened to resign. Your source has his wires crossed. Different situation which is none of the boards buisness.

Those of you who know me will know i'm kinda biased on this topic so i'll be keeping out of it.
                          Last edited by happenin; 13 May 2006, 11:35.
                          Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                          Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                          do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Says who? obviously if they (women) were nominated for the thing in the first place then someone in their unit thinks they're up to the job.
                            My PNCO's course, there were women who had done their recruit camp in march/april and were on the course in August. Yes, someone in their unit thinks they're up to the *cough* blow *cough* job
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.

Those of you who know me will know i'm kinda biased on this topic so i'll be keeping out of it.
                              Contradictory?

Comment

hmmm. well next year there won't be as many on a list just in case the unit gets the places will there, it will only be personnel the unit wants/needs promoted

Comment

Working...
                                X