• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happenin
    replied
    Originally posted by Viking
    Less capable women. Thats the issue.
    Says who? obviously if they were nominated for the thing in the first place then someone in their unit thinks they're up to the job.
    Originally posted by Goldie fish
    I heard of people who threatened to resign because they didn't get the Standard NCO course....
    i presume your talking about me. There would be no point mentioning it otherwise. I never threatened to resign. Your source has his wires crossed. Different situation which is none of the boards buisness.

Those of you who know me will know i'm kinda biased on this topic so i'll be keeping out of it.
    Last edited by happenin; 13 May 2006, 12:35.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by cruise
    deadly jus deadly
    Someone has to do it, horse...

Leave a comment:

• cruise
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish
    I was teaching recruits how to tie their laces.
    deadly jus deadly

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I have missed out on many interesting and useful courses because, as duffman put it, I was teaching recruits how to tie their laces.
    Its difficult being a Sergeant on a support weapons course or similar. Everyone assumes you are an instructor.

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    Maybe I'm looking at it from the other end of the spectrum but me and few of my compatriots where asked the opposite by our superiors..as in why we had not applied for the course. Our answer was that there was alot more things we wanted to get under our belts before we took on the responsibility and got busted down to teaching recruits how to tie their laces. In my opinion there are alot more opportunities available to a private nowadays than an NCO. Well this rings true to my neck of the woods anyway but as always I'm sure this is different for every board member.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin
    They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them. Next thing you know, women will be getting best pot(shock horror) Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.

I heard of people who threatened to resign because they didn't get the Standard NCO course....

Leave a comment:

• dclimk
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver
    Now all ya have to do is work on getting a '154
    on the way mate, the army surely will screen that allocation

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by dclimk
    how and why would we bother, brick wall mate, brick wall, #1 fsg and cmdt's personal driver doesn't seem so bad tho
    Now all ya have to do is work on getting a '154

Leave a comment:

• dclimk
    replied
    Originally posted by Llorrac
    So.... this is the Army version of equality..... Promote the Women!??!

Com'on lads we've to fight back
    how and why would we bother, brick wall mate, brick wall, #1 fsg and cmdt's personal driver doesn't seem so bad tho

Leave a comment:

• dclimk
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin
    They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them. Next thing you know, women will be getting best pot(shock horror) Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.
    Fair enough and point taken ,BUT, the vicious circle in the rdf results in a lack of interest the following year, resulting in less attendance, resulting in one not being fairly deserved of the course 12 months on, and then where are you when it's other people's "turn"

Leave a comment:

• dclimk
    replied
    Originally posted by Viking

just about sums up the argument, cheers for the clarity mate, couldn't have put it better myself

Leave a comment:

• Viking
    replied
    They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cruise
    replied
    ok ok im confused!!! wats dis about fighting women?? an gettin rid of rdf??
    please explain........................................... ..........................................

Leave a comment:

• Steamy Window
    replied
    Goldies link to the Ultraboard proved quite useful on the Redress of Wrongs procedure...

Apply in writing, request in the letter also that you require to be given in writing any actions taken in the matter of the redress, date the application and keep a copy.
    Under the terms of para 114(2) of the Defence Act the OC must provide you with an acknowledgement.
    He is duty bound to investigate the complaint and attach his findings along with your letter of complaint up through the chain of command. He must also indicate why he did not deal with the complaint to the satisfaction of the complainant.
    Each authority above a Commanding Officer through whom a complaint is forwarded in accordance with the provisions laid down, if satisfied as to the justice of the complaint, take without delay, such steps as lie within their power and as may be necessary for giving full redress to the complainant in the matter of the redress.
    In every case where a complaint is made to a Company Commander, a Commanding Officer or the Adjutant General, the complainant shall be informed of the action taken by such Company Commander, Commanding Officer or the Adjutant General in regard to the matter complained of. If the complainant so requests, such information shall be conveyed to him in writing
    In every case where a complaint has been made to the Minister, the complainant shall be informed of the Minister's decision in regard to the matter complained of. If the complainant so requests, such information shall be conveyed to him in writing by his Commanding Officer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X