X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection for courses

Originally posted by dclimk

DISCLAIMER
    This rant is not because i was not deemed good enough for the pots course, ye can shove it whoever ye are. i'll remain a good private and i'll still laugh at the sh1t3 nco's.
    Roughly how many places went to each coy/bn in the South? How many people are on the course altogether?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

MOD: The number of people on the course is not in the public domain and therefore operational information!

Comment

I heard the list was out allright.(somewhere in cork). Its location is on a map. An officer has the map.

Better off ringing the btc. Or one of those running the course. I'm sure they'll have it.
      Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
      Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
      do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Ok so we all know who didn't get the course... Anyone want to tell us who did??
        "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

Hey just say the list for the south,

Major discrimination. I mean there is being discreet and what we have here.... Blatent discrimination. I would say a LOT of people have very valid cases for Redress of wrongs. I mean they didn't even try to hide it.

Then again, I am not surprised. I have seen racism and discrimination in the DF before, blatent racism.... from higher ups. Now we have discrimination based on Gender. Wonder if the DF ever heard of the Employment Equality act.

You guys who didn't get the course should straight away go for a redress of wrongs.

Anyone going to take em on?
          Last edited by Poiuyt; 11 May 2006, 02:30.

Comment

Blatant racism...? You'd better explain that one.

And do you think someone that tries to go through the redress of wrongs procedure will have a positive result by the time the prep. training rolls around? And what about those who have the POTS but are removed through the redress procedure- will they appeal and screw things up?
            "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window
              Blatant racism...? You'd better explain that one.
              Hey Steamy,

we got a latvian who wanted to join up. Local barrack commander took a dislike to the idea n killed his application. Seems, the don't want any of that sort getting in.... came up with some cock and bull story about your mans embassey wouldn't allow him to join even though he had a letter from his local police and embassy and everything. Things didn't add up n on checking the story, we found that the local PDF head boss didnt want no "Eastern Europeans" fouling his barracks.

Hey Hey, Rascism is alive and well in the Army, and the Pots list shows theyre not even hiding their discrimination

A7 anyone???

Where is RDFRA???

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window
                And do you think someone that tries to go through the redress of wrongs procedure will have a positive result by the time the prep. training rolls around? And what about those who have the POTS but are removed through the redress procedure- will they appeal and screw things up?
                Not sure what the story is or what people are talking about, but a redress of wrongs can take months to sort out, maybe years if it is a serious case.

however, if you complain that you have been discriminated against via A7, the complaint must be dealt with within 14-28 days....or something like that.

Then there is the Ombudsman..... not sure of the story there.
                Last edited by Docman; 11 May 2006, 03:06.

Comment

Sexism in awarding PNCO places is nothing new, also seems like the Pot Officers Course is going the same way.

Don’t take it to heart though. If God had wanted you to get on in the RDF he would have made you a female, preferably the spawn of your cadre or Coy Comd.

Redress of wrongs is a waste of time, it was tried in my unit and turns out the Coy Comd has complete discretion in awarding places, and even if he hadn’t, nobody wants to open the Pandora’s box of questioning the decisions of the mighty.
                  "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

well i'll just keep my opinions of women to myself........seeing as i can smell moderation a mile off. everyone who applies should go on a pre selection course. that would weed out the useless applicants at an early stage , but the problem is that certain units/genders would never again get a place and that wouldn't do now would it
                    OH YES BOYS.....I'M BACK AND I'M PACKING

Comment

So.... this is the Army version of equality..... Promote the Women!??!

Com'on lads we've to fight back
                      "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

Its another step in the road that is the HQ plan to kill off the RDF.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Goldies link to the Ultraboard proved quite useful on the Redress of Wrongs procedure...

Apply in writing, request in the letter also that you require to be given in writing any actions taken in the matter of the redress, date the application and keep a copy.
                          Under the terms of para 114(2) of the Defence Act the OC must provide you with an acknowledgement.
                          He is duty bound to investigate the complaint and attach his findings along with your letter of complaint up through the chain of command. He must also indicate why he did not deal with the complaint to the satisfaction of the complainant.
                          Each authority above a Commanding Officer through whom a complaint is forwarded in accordance with the provisions laid down, if satisfied as to the justice of the complaint, take without delay, such steps as lie within their power and as may be necessary for giving full redress to the complainant in the matter of the redress.
                          In every case where a complaint is made to a Company Commander, a Commanding Officer or the Adjutant General, the complainant shall be informed of the action taken by such Company Commander, Commanding Officer or the Adjutant General in regard to the matter complained of. If the complainant so requests, such information shall be conveyed to him in writing
                          In every case where a complaint has been made to the Minister, the complainant shall be informed of the Minister's decision in regard to the matter complained of. If the complainant so requests, such information shall be conveyed to him in writing by his Commanding Officer.
                          "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

ok ok im confused!!! wats dis about fighting women?? an gettin rid of rdf??
                            please explain........................................... ..........................................
                            dats da shot!!!!

Comment

They're just bitching cos women got the pots course over them. Next thing you know, women will be getting best pot(shock horror) Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.
                              Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                              Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                              do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Working...
                              X