• Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    MOD: Back to the topic please, this thread will be spilt

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    Unless the DF is now running a "How to get yourself moderated on IMO" course, lets get back on topic......

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    Don't mean to sound sexist, but what is the proportion of men to women in the DF? And should it not be the best person for the job, not the army trying to be fair that decides who gets the courses

Leave a comment:

• Joshua
    replied
    Touch your cursor off the words....

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    replied
    = a very ugly baby.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua
    replied
    Nepotism

+

Nepotism

Leave a comment:

• WES
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver
    Cadre should not be making the decision - the Cadre's job is in a support role to the unit...
    That's the way the military works TD. I spent 25 years in the PDF and it's just the same. The face has to fit, you have to be well in etc. Don't expect fairness or equity.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by Viking
    It’s pretty childish putting this argument down to men vs. women – it’s not that simple. As far as I am concerned it is about less capable soldiers getting places on courses before those more deserving. In my experience this mainly comes from two groups – the kids of RDF Officers/SNCOs and Cadre; and females.

Who makes the decisions – Officers and cadre. Go figure.
    Cadre should not be making the decision - the Cadre's job is in a support role to the unit...

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    Originally posted by Bravo20
    As regards to the male/female split, if your average recruit platoon has more than a section of females then you will need a female NCO.
    Yes i agree but not 5 bloddy b****h's for about 6 females pte's, You'd swear that they think wearing stripes is a right to act like their Permanantly PMT'd. And dont even get me started on the Quality of Female Ossifers that i've had to deal with.

(Above post is based on MY expierence, not on the whole of the RDF, just incase any male and female feminists want to start taking aim)

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    I don't know how it is done in other units but in my unit the process is as follows:
    1. The decision to put someone on a course rests with the Coy Comdr (This organisation is not a democracy and he is in charge).
    2. The Coy Comdr will make his decision based on the following:
    a) His own opinion of the potential candidate.
    b) Recommendations from 2ic, Coy Sgt, Pln Comdr, Pln Sgt.
    3. He will be allocated a number of places from Bn who in turn got it from brigade. If there are more potential candidates than places, inteviews will take place.

Fortunately we do not have any sons/daughters of serving officers/NCOs or Cadre in our unit. As regards to the male/female split, if your average recruit platoon has more than a section of females then you will need a female NCO.

Leave a comment:

• Viking
    replied
    It’s pretty childish putting this argument down to men vs. women – it’s not that simple. As far as I am concerned it is about less capable soldiers getting places on courses before those more deserving. In my experience this mainly comes from two groups – the kids of RDF Officers/SNCOs and Cadre; and females.

Says who? obviously if they (women) were nominated for the thing in the first place then someone in their unit thinks they're up to the job
    Who makes the decisions – Officers and cadre. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish
    Contradictory?
    I meant from now on.

heard there whittling down the no's for it next weekend by putting those selected through their paces.

Leave a comment:

• dclimk
    replied
    hmmm. well next year there won't be as many on a list just in case the unit gets the places will there, it will only be personnel the unit wants/needs promoted

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin
    Get the fuccck over it. There is always next year.

Those of you who know me will know i'm kinda biased on this topic so i'll be keeping out of it.
    Contradictory?

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    Says who? obviously if they (women) were nominated for the thing in the first place then someone in their unit thinks they're up to the job.
    My PNCO's course, there were women who had done their recruit camp in march/april and were on the course in August. Yes, someone in their unit thinks they're up to the *cough* blow *cough* job

Leave a comment:

Working...
X