Integrated Reserve T&C + Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated Reserve T&C + Contract

My Coy just got a few scant "official" details tonight on the Integrated Reserve. It looks interesting but a pretty stiff commitment would be needed for the two years. I didn't get a chance to look at the T&C's of what is exactly required. Does anyone know off-hand the details and requirments (How many days parading, field days, selection process etc)?

Opinions?
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

26 parade nights
    19 field days
    6 paid overnighters
    and 21 days of continuos training.
    And one extra week in your first year for recruit training.

IT 2000 must be passed and you have an interview as well
    first enlistment period is 2 year, the first year is probationary, and can be extended for an extra four years.

Its likely that you be discharged from the RDF proper and are given a new army number and begin as a recruit and be trained up by PDF instructors, this is just what I think so don't quote me on it.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
      26 parade nights
      19 field days
      6 paid overnighters

first enlistment period is 2 year, the first year is probationary, and can be extended for an extra four years.

Its likely that you be discharged from the RDF proper and are given a new army number and begin as a recruit and be trained up by PDF instructors, this is just what I think so don't quote me on it.
      Is the contract 2 years or six years?
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

first term of enlistment is 2 years.
        Year one is probation.
        Then you can extend your enlistment by one year for up to four extra years.
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

carrot....stick etc.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The commitment is outrageous, and will only work for students and the unemployed.

Legislation will make this system much more appealing.

Comment

With the proposed Training commitment, I hope they're looking into civilian employer/employee relationships in order to accomodate it. Probably not
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Hopefully they'll cop on that job security is required when nobody signs up for it.

Comment

What I stated is just the minimum.

Apparently the DOD is looking to meet officals from the DETE to discuss legislation.

hopefully this legislation won't only be for the intergrated and won't be only for when they are overseas.

Comment

Everytime I hear Reserve and Overseas I switch off

Comment

well for all the obligatory bitching and moaning that no doubt will go on, thanks be to jaysus that finaly the powers that be got their finger/fist out of their arse and made a positive move towards an Integrated Reserve. Yes the commitment is big, but if the integrated reservists are to be up to scratch thats the standard that needs to be set. Obviously the heavy requirments might mean job security / employer incentives will need to be looked at. But if thats what is needed then we shouldn't be moaning as we've finaly got an opportunity!!!

That is considering the whole thing is not one major cluster F***........but I'm going to keep this post on a positive tone.
                      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Let me see 19 field days and 6 overnights which equals 25. Therefore you will be involved every second weekend. Even students and the unemployed will baulk at that.

Comment

But let's face it lads, up at the pointy end a lot of us are putting in that much anyway. You included B20. Looking at it we're both probably going to do more.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

If everyone is going to be trained up from recruit then i can't see many nco's going for it. Why work so hard for your rank if you have to go all the way back to recruit. Its crazyness. Fare play to anyone that can do it. I wish i could give that kind of commitment.
                            Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                            Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                            do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
                              26 parade nights
                              19 field days
                              6 paid overnighters

Anybody have any idea of when this is gonna come into action? Sounds great for the students though!

Comment

Working...
                              X