Army Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Numbers

Are any other units having problems with getting recruits sworn in then when they finally get in they're waiting about 2 months for army numbers??
    As far as i can see A 65 seem to be the only unit with this problem.
    Does anyone here know why there's delays?
    I've passed my question up the line and haven't received any decent reply bar shrugged shoulders. I have recruits who are 100% dedicated giving up more than others to parade who are faced with the possibility of not being able to attend camp despite parading since november!!

Its nice to see that the well oiled machine that is the defence forces moving so smoothly
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Same problems in my unit.
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
    Who is number 1?

Comment

The DF recently changed the computer systems for administration and for logs. Cunningly neither system was geared towards 7 digit numbers. I suspect that the root of the problem lies here. There are of course other glitches which leads to the conclusion that if it ain't broke it shouldn't be fixed and if it needs to be fixed then ask someone who uses the system to fix it.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
      My favourite moment was when the
      Originally posted by hedgehog
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Same problem with my lot.

Re: Groundhog, yes, I did hear this, in regard to kit issues.

Hope the war doesn't break out tomorrow, we'll all be £$%^&*** !!!
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Why do we need two types of Army numbers - one for PDF and female RDF and another for male RDF? What was the original reason for this?
          "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
          Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
            The DF recently changed the computer systems for administration and for logs. Cunningly neither system was geared towards 7 digit numbers. I suspect that the root of the problem lies here. There are of course other glitches which leads to the conclusion that if it ain't broke it shouldn't be fixed and if it needs to be fixed then ask someone who uses the system to fix it.
            PPARS, e-voting, the list is getting bigger.
            The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
            (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by Viking
              Why do we need two types of Army numbers - one for PDF and female RDF and another for male RDF? What was the original reason for this?
              So when J. Smith appeared on an RO, you knew by the number if it was male or female.
              The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
              (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by Viking
                try and sort accomodation for 200 people given service numbers and surnames if the above system wasn't in place...
                No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

So when J. Smith appeared on an RO, you knew by the number if it was male or female.
                  Why would that matter

equal oppurtunity etc

It was always a bone of contention the differnet numbering system

It is nigh on impossible to tell who is senior at first glance of the numbers
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

surely 844413F would be a much better system

same numbering system but the addition of the F for FEMALE (dirty minds) would alert if needed that this is a non male
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

We haven't had an problems in this regard to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

I got issued with uniform 2 weeks ago, as far as i know they used the old paper system.
                        I maintain the Irish Defence Forces most deadly weapon - its people

Comment

The voucher system still works so your Q should be using that. There were probs with the computer system but I thought they had been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
                            The voucher system still works so your Q should be using that. There were probs with the computer system but I thought they had been resolved.
                            The problem lies on the Stores end of things - they wouldn't issue out the stuff...
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                            X