X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailer
    replied
    Hmmm....

Maybe I should go on under and assumed Identity and tell them if they don't shut up about "Us Rangers" Fighting in Iraq!! They'll wake up with me cutting their useless Brains off from the rest of their Bodies!!!

[MOD: Closed thread, just cos.]

Leave a comment:

• Steamy Window
    replied
    muppets over on boards.ie are at it again, one guy claims that the ARW was in GW1...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...9&page=5&pp=20

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• kermit
    replied
    They have green and black roles, not squads...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Eldavido
    How many squads do they have in the ARW?

I hear they are known as black squad and green squad etc..
    From military.ie...

"Students learn all the new skills necessary for membership of the Units' assault platoons."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    How many squads do they have in the ARW?

I hear they are known as black squad and green squad etc..

Leave a comment:

• yellowjacket
    replied
    OK this thread is going way off topic, but just for informational purposes:

Article 40:
    6. 1° The State guarantees liberty for the exercise of the following rights, subject to public order and morality:

i. The right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions.

The education of public opinion being, however, a matter of such grave import to the common good, the State shall endeavour to ensure that organs of public opinion, such as the radio, the press, the cinema, while preserving their rightful liberty of expression, including criticism of Government policy, shall not be used to undermine public order or morality or the authority of the State.

The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence which shall be punishable in accordance with law

No country allows free speech to compromise national security issues.

Leave a comment:

• yooklid
    replied
    Yeah, but I believe that his freedom of speech point was in relation to talking about personal experiences in more secretive units

-Y

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    Free speach and Freedom of Information are two very different things

Leave a comment:

• strummer
    replied
    Hey Kermit,

It might not say "freedom of speech" in Bunreacht....but if you look up article 40, sec.6,1,i.
    "...right of citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions..."

I know it's a little off thread, but just in case anyone thought that they didn't have a constitutional right of free speech etc

Later, boys and girls.

Leave a comment:

• strummer
    replied
    I think it was a favourite phrase of Hitler's, wasn't it!!!!! IMO, the recruitment, selection and basic training procedure for the ARW should be public knowledge. Come to think of it, it all probably is.

I can see the need to keep operational issues under wraps, but the PDF/RDF have this obsession with secrecy which borders on the ridiculous. Official policy is not that restrictive, (from what i can remember anyway), but all these jumped up snots at a lot of units think they are guarding the keys to the "Armageddeon Machine" or something.

Anyway, rant over.

Leave a comment:

• kermit
    replied
    Freedom of Information does not apply, and we do not mention the Freedom of Speech in our Constitution, unlike our American cousins, so it's different.

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    replied
    Obviously you have never heard of "Freedom of Information" or even freedom of speech. What do you want, martial law.
    Any schoolboy can give you the SAS's orbat, the location of it's headquarters, details on it's training and roles and much more besides. The SAS are not happy with this level of public disclosure, and offending ex-members have been excluded because of it.

The same cannot be said of the ARW, it's a relatively unknown quantity. This affords them a level of protection that the SAS have lost, and it should be maintained as long as possible.

Have you ever heard of "In the interests of national security"?

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I met them once operationally..or should I say...they met me....I never actually saw them....but...I was made known of their .......eughhrrhhgaaaaaaaaaa

Leave a comment:

• strummer
    replied
    Obviously you have never heard of "Freedom of Information" or even freedom of speech. What do you want, martial law. Then maybe the FCA may have an actual half-assed role for a change, serving chow to the real soldiers!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X