Rumours of a new rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours of a new rifle

Rumours of a new rifle within three years have begun to circulate. The weapon mentioned is the HK 416. Don't blame me if it doesn't come true.

sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Originally posted by Groundhog
    Rumours of a new rifle within three years have begun to circulate. The weapon mentioned is the HK 416. Don't blame me if it doesn't come true.

You have a good grapevine, Mr Hog. Haven't heard anything like that so far...
    Why not newer Steyrs, do you think? It's been a very reliable weapon for us, when placed in the context of what the Brits had to put up with in the guise of the SA80.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Theres not a whole lot of difference from the characteristics of the Steyr AUG and this, Its a little bit lighter and the barrels a different length but thats about it. Plus the HK 416 looks like a toy gun..

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
        Why not newer Steyrs, do you think? It's been a very reliable weapon for us, when placed in the context of what the Brits had to put up with in the guise of the SA80
        I have a theory on that but I'm not at liberty to say what it is at the moment.

Originally posted by Lt McCarthy
        Theres not a whole lot of difference from the characteristics of the Steyr AUG and this, Its a little bit lighter and the barrels a different length but thats about it. Plus the HK 416 looks like a toy gun..
        I seem to recall old soldiers complaining that the Steyr was like a toy.
        Last edited by Groundhog; 17 June 2006, 12:03.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

It was mentioned here a while back...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Allegedley some part of the DF which dares not speak it's name has already purchased some 416's.

Comment

MPs?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt McCarthy
                I don't know, it looks alot more like what a rifle should look like imo, mag in front.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
                  Allegedley some part of the DF which dares not speak it's name has already purchased some 416's.
                  Same nameless element has also bought SIGs.....but I hear we're getting the USP instead.....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                    Same nameless element has also bought SIGs.....but I hear we're getting the USP instead.....
                    MPs have SIGs?

Comment

Who gives a shit what it looks like? Can't really see much wrong with the current rifle. Has a nice balance, is light and has good reliablility if properly cared for. Sights could be improved though.
                      Last edited by bulldemboots!; 17 June 2006, 16:27.

Comment

That's true eneough as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
                          Who gives a shit what it looks like? Can't really see much wrong with the current rifle. Has a nice balance, is light and has good reliablility if properly cared for. Sights could be improved though.
                          Special Housing Group...?

Originally posted by Groundhog
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Truck Driver
                          Why not newer Steyrs, do you think? It's been a very reliable weapon for us, when placed in the context of what the Brits had to put up with in the guise of the SA80

I have a theory on that but I'm not at liberty to say what it is at the moment.
                          Nothing to do with butter, is it ???
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I loves rumours of new things!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                              I loves rumours of new things!
                              I take it, then that this is maybe BS......anyway, I just did a bit of googling, apperently the HK416 cost's almost 21/2 time's what a standard m16/M4 does now that's pricey
                              Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Working...
                              X